Brewer Fanatic

Nelson Cruz: putting up huge numbers; Latest-- Cruz to Japan? Also, Lew Ford still sucks (reply #54ish)

thebadge10
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Sanspo is reporting that the Hanshin Tigers are planning to aggressively pursue Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz this offseason, to replace the disappointing Lew Ford."

Apparently a 1.030 OPS over 115 AB means you get to replace Lew Ford in Japan. Probably a good move for Cruz - I imagine he would be dominant in Japan.

Linky.

Poor Lew. The one game I ever attened at the Metrodome, the "Leeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww" chants were pretty deafening.
Are you sure they weren't "eeeeeewwwwwww"ing at the state of the Metrodump?
Could've been. This was a game in early '06, and they were passing around flyers trying to rally support for the new stadium.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Goes to show how stocks in everything/everyone have fallen.. A couple of seasons ago Lew was touted as "the guy".. Now he's trying to scratch it out in Japan..

The Mench thing I am surprised about.. Would have thought he'd land on his feet somewhere.. (Not Japan)

Archived