Brewer Fanatic

Time warner and BTN agree (Latest... Charter and BTN come to terms: reply #25)

paul253
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when does the Big 10 Network come on air? I still got the jewelery channel on 63.

And man, I'm feeling like a poor loser reading this thread. I paid like $70 for my TV and I think it's just fine.

Yeah, I am rocking a 27" Sony regular tube TV and I think it is great. I think I got it for $50.

I believe if you have expanded basic it should work. I don't know much about expanded basic but it may require you have a digital box. I couldn't get it in on any of our regular sets either. We even have a digital (SD) set and I couldn't get it in through the QAM tuner. My guess is that you will have to have a digital box to get BTN.

Just a heads up that it looks like the Badger game will be on the regular BTN channel but that the Ohio St.-Youngstown St. game will be on the HD channel (on Charter at least). I need to record the game and just assumed that what is on the regular channel would be on the HD channel (since that is the case for all the other HD channels) and luckily noticed the team names in the program guide.

I thought it was 73 at first for the Appleton area as well (Time Warner Cable - Northeast Wisconsin), but I just went to TWC's website and it says channel 72. Either way, 72 still doesn't exist and I can't get it, and 73 is still the Jewelry Channel....anyone else in the area see anything different?

TWC subscriber here, I have the Jewlery channel on both 63 and 192, which is supposed to be its new channel I guess.

Hopefully they flip the switch on this thing sometime tonight.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Does anyone else find it weird that it took forever for Charter to add FSN-HD after announcing they would add it, and then the ink is barely dry with BTN on this newly announced deal, and it's already on the cable system? Something was definitely up.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I love how the facts trickle out and that I can't find anything definitive on Time Warner's Wisconsin website.

I did find this Ohio link. Of course, the channels won't match up, but I'd think what we get in Wisconsin ought to be comparable.

How close is this for the Milwaukee area?

Analog: channel 63

Digital: channel 192 maybe, plus an alternate

HD: channel 527 eventually

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived