Brewer Fanatic

Time warner and BTN agree (Latest... Charter and BTN come to terms: reply #25)

paul253

Looks like the Big Ten Network finally agreed with Time Warner to get the channel. I think its about friggin time. My only question, for anyone who might know a little more about this.....the BTN plays a bunch of games at the same time, and I saw bars always played them all. Will we only get one game, or will we get all them on a couple of channels?

(edit: added information to title to reflect Charter agreement --1992)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know what's going on with Time Warner but I have AT&T U-Verse. Our regular BTN channel is 650 and on game days we would get a game on that channel and there would be a couple of other channels that would show games on BTN (I don't remember the numbers but I'm thinking maybe 642 and 644.)

BTN will be channel 63 on TWC (bye bye Jewlery Television). I'm guessing that we'll only get one game at a time. Really though I'm ok with that because now I can at least watch all the Badger games. Huge step up from last year when I could only get half the games.

For what its worth, I called TWC today and they dont know if we wil lget all the games or just one. I will be mad if we only get one game because the majority of games are on at the same time and its basically one extra game per weekend, which to me is no big deal, especially if its like Indiana or Minnesota. Plus, I am not a huge Badger fan but follow another Big 10 team (i'll keep that team to myself thankyou) and hope to watch all their games.

I really hope they offer this in HD, but at least I'll be able to see the games at my house.

Last year I went to Champps in Brookfield for all these games, they are going to lose a ton of money. For the Ohio State-UW Game, all the tables were reserved and they weren't allowing people in by 10:30 in the morning.

The real question is will it be in HD or not. If it is not in HD it is a waste IMO.

Fear not! They will have it in glorious HD! jsonline doesn't say if they will have multiple channels available when there are multiple games going on at the same time, but I would imagine they would. (please don't prove me wrong...)

I don't understand the original poster's question. I've had BTN since it's inception as a DISH network subscriber. All of the football games have always been regionalized for me. So since moving back to Wisconsin, I've always gotten the Wisconsin games as long as BTN was covering them and not ABC, ESPN2, or another network. I don't get Iowa vs Michigan for example if Penn State vs Wisconsin is at the same time, that would be kind of goofy. Was that the question?

The question was...if you go to a bar or something, they have i believe 3 or 4 different games on, all on the Big Ten Network.....so like....The Big Ten Network will actually have 3 or 4 different channels showing 3 or 4 different games. I was wondering if that was the case here or if we only get one game at a time.

Last fall when I was at my parent's house DirectTV had all of the games on at the same time. Each game would be on a different channel, but when there weren't multiple games going on, there would only be the one channel broadcasting. I'm guessing what the original poster is asking is if Time Warner is going to have the same thing. Since 527 is going to be the BTN HD channel for me, will the other games show up on 525 and/or 526 etc? That's kind of what everyone is wondering right now.

I recently emailed my provided, Comcast, to get the lowdown. Basically one game is picked as the regional game and you get that game. Then there is overflow channels that will play any other game that is on. So in theory you should be able to watch any game.

The real question is will it be in HD or not. If it is not in HD it is a waste IMO.

Really? A waste? Does that mean that I have wasted my time watching the games for the past 20 years that were not in HD??

That's before we had a choice. I don't watch TV in black and white anymore either, or limit my viewing to four channels.

Really? A waste? Does that mean that I have wasted my time watching the games for the past 20 years that were not in HD??

That's before we had a choice. I don't watch TV in black and white anymore either, or limit my viewing to four channels.
So do you not watch the Brewers games that aren't televised in HD?

Unlike what appears to be 90% of the general population, I do not own a flat screen, plasma, lcd, 1080 psi, or what ever you call it 48" HD TV. HD television sets are expensive, and last I heard the cable companies were charging extra to receive these special HD channels. I can barely justify paying $45 dollars a month of expanded basic, nevermind premium HD channels.

Last year I saw all of one or two Badger games, seeing all of them this year in crappy ole standard screen TV will suit me just fine, so it is hardly a "waste" if it isnt in HD.

So do you not watch the Brewers games that aren't televised in HD?

Honestly I never thought about it until now, but yes I think that's true. If it's in HD I will watch much more of the game, usually the entire game. If it's a non-HD game I find myself wandering between TV and going to the puter or outside, etc. and listening to the radio. I'm not saying it's that cut and dried, but I do watch more of the game if it's HD.

Unlike what appears to be 90% of the general population, I do not own a flat screen, plasma, lcd, 1080 psi, or what ever you call it 48" HD TV. HD television sets are expensive, and last I heard the cable companies were charging extra to receive these special HD channels. I can barely justify paying $45 dollars a month of expanded basic, nevermind premium HD channels.

Last year I saw all of one or two Badger games, seeing all of them this year in crappy ole standard screen TV will suit me just fine, so it is hardly a "waste" if it isnt in HD.

The HD channels are dirt cheap RyDogg, i think i pay like 5 extra dollars a month for HD box vs a standard DVR one with Time Warner.

I didn't think i'd care much either. Before getting my plasma, i had a really nice 36' Sony tube TV with what i thought was a great picture. I waited longer than most before buying an HD TV and ended up getting a sweet 42' Panasonic plasma TV for 900 dollars that a year ago would have been 1500-1700 dollars. It's amazing to me how cheap the TV's are now getting and the picture on even off brands are pretty damn good. A friend of mine bought some off brand 42' plasma for i think 600 dollars, the picture is really nice in HD.

Now that i do have HD, i'm hooked and it does bug me when i have to watch something broadcast in analog. Kinda like going from a broadband computer to dialup, feels as if i'm dealing with some outdated technology.

So when does the Big 10 Network come on air? I still got the jewelery channel on 63.

And man, I'm feeling like a poor loser reading this thread. I paid like $70 for my TV and I think it's just fine.

Archived