Brewer Fanatic

06/13/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Reds (Arroyo) 6:10pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rarely easy, is it?

It looks like Carlos is okay... he turned his ankle, I think, coming around third. I'm sure we'll know more after the game and probably tomorrow. Given that it's a day game after a night game, he might have been scheduled for an off-day, anyway... might want to give him tomorrow and then Thursday to recover. We'll see.

~Bill

*FEWSH*

Man, oh man... one gets the feeling that the only thing keeping T-Bow in that closer's role is the complete and utter lack of any other pitching talent in that bullpen. Mike Adams didn't have this long of a leash last year, that's for sure.

A couple of after-thoughts:

- I think Brady's take-out slide of the catcher at home wasn't bush league, really. To me it seemed exactly like your standard take-out slide at second, only more heads up because of the non-standard base. That said, he might deserve some blame for either 1) not knowing that you can't slide that far off the bag or 2) sliding that far off the bag. But it's intentions like that that usually gets players praise for being "scrappy."

- The point that's made from time to time about Shouse being a bad move simply because the opposing lefty batter "hits lefties just as well as righties" is not valid. That statement ignores the fact that Shouse is, and has been in his career, extremely effective vs. lefties - you have to consider both sides of the equation. Griffey and Dunn may be hitting lefties well this year (haven't checked, myself), but they haven't necessarily hit Shouse well.

Well, that said, Shouse should NEVER face a righty in an important situation, so I'm not saying Ned's off the hook...

NICE WIN TONIGHT

Archived