Brewer Fanatic

8/26/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't tell you how pleased I am by what I saw tonight. I really wanted to win the first game just to set the tone and dent the Cardinals hopes. This was just outstanding.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/BrewersFlag3.gif

More important to ensure he leaves with a shutout, beloved, and raise his confidence than to give a higher probability at winning the game????

Sheets was already at 100 pitches and throwing 92 MPH. He was probably wearing down, so I don't think it really lowered the chance of winning much if at all. Nothing wrong with handing the game over to a nice, fresh pen.

OK... OK... seeing as the Brewers proceeded to light up two relievers in the 9th for seven runs, while having three relievers throw a total of 39 pitches...

Pulling Sheets now looks twice as bad.

OK... OK... seeing as the Brewers proceeded to light up two relievers in the 9th for seven runs, while having three relievers throw a total of 39 pitches...

I am not sure if that post was suppose to be in blue or not. Winning a game 12-0 turned out to be an ideal situation for taking out Ben earlier than usual.

I am not sure if that post was suppose to be in blue or not. Winning a game 12-0 turned out to be an ideal situation for taking out Ben earlier than usual.
Except three relievers were used. I'd have felt better had they let McClung go for a three-inning save in that sort of situation (assuming Ned still wants to pull Ben after six solid innings).

how completely and uttlerly ridiculous.

these new $50 bills are too big for my wallet... this kobe beef burger is 3/10 of a pound, not 1/3 #%#*!@... my supermodel girlfriend decided to wear her ugly bikini to the beach today... my dog is only trained to grab me 1 beer from the refrigerator...

pulling sheets was so fundamentally anti-yostian that what mattered more to me than anything was seeing cognitive flexibility exercised in his cerebral cortex. personally i think it had more to do with the extra long top half of the seventh than pitch count.

Sabathia out after 96 thrown and Ben out after 99 and 2 ballgames won... now THAT is a - forest and the trees - late August turn of the top of the rotation. heck, i'd like to see a 6 man instituted to keep em octoberly fresh and spunky, but that's a conversation for another day.

I agree with the early pull. Man, there are always people on here that no matter what yost does, he's wrong. WE WON! Our bullpen has plenty of rest and we've had quite a few days off. They will be fine. Let's continue to pound these guys and get the game today!

Archived