Brewer Fanatic

8/26/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe not an comment for the in game but Prince is really having a disappointing season. I don't feel confident at all when he comes up with RISP even against RH. Just too easy to pitch to, a sucker for breaking stuff outside and high fast stuff. I know his numbers are still good but I wouldn't cry if the traded him for a good return.

Fielder's stats this season.

Total - .270/.369/501/.870

RISP - .242/.384/.467/.851

High Leverage - .306/.444/.792/1.236

I guess I'm not seeing it. The biggest issue with Fielder is Hardy and Braun are pretty low OBP guys and they both bat ahead of him so he doesn't get a lot of RBI chances. He also gets pitched around a lot.

Anderson: "The Brewers waste a leadoff double."

Well that'll happen when the batters behind that leadoff double are Jason Kendall, Ben Sheets, and Ray Durham. Can't win 'em all...hopefully the middle of the order can put up another run next inning. A 1-2-3 inning by Sheets would be really nice.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yeah I knew the stat guys would be all over me, thats why I said his numbers were good, just not the player I was hoping for and I would guess some would agree. At least he walks alot. I am disappointed and it is near september, that is all I am saying.

One reason Ben Sheets has always gotten a lack of run support is because he has Ben Sheets in the lineup.

You seriously think a pitcher makes a lot of their own run support? Most pitchers aren't good hitters.

That 10 pitch at bat by Counsel might have led to Braun's home run. Come on Rluz, I am not a Counsell fan at all but having a 10 pitch battle early in the game like that does indeed have some value. More value than a 2 out single with nobody in base.

Archived