Brewer Fanatic

8/26/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is going to be a long and stressful game...It is just setting up to be a seesaw. I feel like the players are expecting something to happen after the 7th so they are going through the motions right now.
Formerly Andersoc420

Sheets is doing is best Claudio Vargas impression tonight.
Yep. I imagine he'll be done after 5 then. Vargas killed out pen. So glad that we cut him. Just wish we could've traded him to the Mets for Nelson Figeroua so we wouldn't have to have been embarassed by him.
Formerly Andersoc420

How many 10 hit ABs that end in an out does it take to equal the value of a single?

a valid question, but does it have to be tied to the single to have value?

one needs to factor in how many / what type pitchers, too.

if it's against a starter, i would say 9... (pitch count through 3, ideally, = 90): bunch of "grit" gets into the underbelly.

if it's against a reliever, i would need to know how the opponent's bullpen was used over the past 4 days.

i suppose what game in the series it is also matters. if a bunch of 10 pitch at-bats chase the starters and the under belly is weak - then by game 3 those ABs are relatively more valuable

Maybe not an comment for the in game but Prince is really having a disappointing season. I don't feel confident at all when he comes up with RISP even against RH. Just too easy to pitch to, a sucker for breaking stuff outside and high fast stuff. I know his numbers are still good but I wouldn't cry if the traded him for a good return.

Okay, please explain what happened w/Pujols and the Brewers scoring for those of us who aren't following on TV or radio. Thanks.

Hart hit an easy grounder to Pujols who must've thought there was only one out, instead of throwing to Wellemeyer covering first, he went to second where Miles couldn't handle the throw, it got away from him and allowed Durham to score.

Archived