Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Football League and/or Pick 'Em

brewcrew00

Is anyone interested in joining either a league, pick the winner, or both? I would like to do a league, the only requirement is that whoever joins MUST keep up with their team. I don't want something that fades away in the 7th week because your team is garbage.

I'd be open to making it a keeper league, having it be free or pay. Any interest?

Also, the pick 'em will be set up regardless, the more the merrier on this one!

I started a thread a few days ago with no interest. I am interested in doing a pay league, perhaps a keeper league with a live draft.

As far as the pickems go, I have a yahoo account with a family group. If you are operating on yahoo, send me your group information and I'd love to join. Is the pick em's for pay as well with prizes each week or end of season?

I never understood the people that join a league and then pretty much quit because they're team isn't doing well. That's why the league that I play in here offers prizes for the non-playoff teams, too. Not to mention that it pretty much makes you, as a whole, look like a quitter. Or a 6-year old.

Same thing with online video games. You're getting spanked in some online Madden? Suck it up, don't pull the cord and claim some "connection problem".

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was hoping to set it up today/tonight. I will not use ESPN, it will either be on Yahoo or Sportsline. I do like Sportsline because it gives you free live scoring. I have also kicked around using fleaflicker.com I think it's powered by AOL. Thoughts?

And we still need more people!

So we're at roughly 6/7 people right now, let's get this to at least 10 before I set it up. Anybody else on here having interest?

Also, for those who already said they would like to join one, please PM me a vote on pay or free and keeper or not. Thanks!

Ok, so we have 8 for a league right now. We need at least two more, then I will set up a live draft on Yahoo! (which seems to be the favorite).

I will also set up a pick 'em and post the ID and password on here for all, regardless. The more the merrier for that one.

Now fill up those last couple spots! Let's get to 12!

Alright, let's try and do this. The page has been set at sports.yahoo.com/fantasy. The league id is 604679 and the password is Brewers

The following league rules will apply.

1) The draft will be held Sunday evening at TGI Fridays at Miller Park at 7:00pm. I will then enter the results on the team page by Monday afternoon.

2) The entry fee will be $25.00 and winnings will be returned 100% w/ prize pool to be determined upon number of teams (10 or 12)

3) The roster will be as follows; 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB), 1 Kicker, 1 defense, and 6 bench.

4) The drafting order will be determined by a blind draw once you arrive at the restaurant. Drafting will follow standard snake procedure with last pick in round picking first in adjacent round and so-forth.

5) You will have a transaction limit of 25 moves per season. Additional moves will be allowed at $1.00 per transaction which will be placed into the prize pool.

6) No-cut lists will not apply.

7) Trades will be reviewed by league vote.

8) The rights to a pick can be traded to another team as long as the deal is fair in the amount of players/picks and if you currently hold the rights to that player. For example, Tom Brady and your 3rd round pick for Peyton Manning and that team's 2nd round pick. You'd then have Peyton Manning and two 2nd round picks, but no 3 round picks and no Tom Brady. Or prior to any drafting, you trade your #1 overall and 7th rounder for the #6 overall and a 3rd rounder. You will be required to pick 17 players, no more, no less. We won't stop the draft to make time for negotiations, so bargain in advance of the pick reaching your location. I'm not going to keep a stopwatch per pick and there will be ample time (1-2 mins or so) for you to consider each pick. However we aren't going to engage in 5 minutes of negotiations over trading picks. If you are going to do it, have it ready prior to your turn to pick.

9) Standard scoring will apply. No receptions or carry points.

10) Please respond with your intention to participate ASAP.

I will not be able to make the live draft at 7 on sunday. If the time is changed or we have a way to do it online i would be very interested in joining. If not and the league proceeds I will just have to miss out on all the fun.

If this does not work out, there is one way we could get an on-line draft completed in time for this season. It is do to it through an ESPN mock draft, simply for a place to conduct the draft, then we could implement the players into the yahoo league. We would just have to pick a time to draft, and all enter the same room. They list mock drafts out atleast a half hour, maybe even an hour. The only difficult part in this would be getting all 10/12 people together at the same time and in the same mockdraft room. Lastly, there is the question of the money. The one good thing about a live draft is everyone has to pay upfront. With a online draft we would have to figure something else out.

I understand the want to have a live draft, but sometimes that does not workout under these cicumstances, only 2 days until draft time. Nothing can replicate the fun and excitement of a live draft. But rather then missing out on a great season of fantasy football with a group of Brewer fans, we could get it done this year through an online draft and plan ahead for next year with a live draft.

Archived