Brewer Fanatic

Neat Website: PlayoffStatus.com

blkhwk91b

I posted this site over at LL as well. Great site for tracking probabilities/numbers/chances etc. of the MLB season. Also good for NFL as well. I stumbled across this site about a year ago and thought I would share. I am in no way affiliated with the site (not spamming). I am a frequent flyer on the LL board.

Playoff Status

Enjoy

blkhwk91b

(added website name to thread title --1992)

Yeah, I think they have the same type thing on ESPN.com too. I'm confused though. Looking at that site, it appears that the Mets have a 6% Chance of winning the NL West and the Cards have a 4% chance of winning the West (assuming 1 Central, 2 is East, and 3 is West ??? Right?)

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I still don't get it. Why are there 3 divisional winners in each division? Is that 1st, 2nd, & 3rd? If so, does no one have a chance to win the West?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Think of the Division winner #1 as a seeding process. The Cubs or Brewers will be the #1 divison winner/or the wild card and the Mets and Dbacks play for the 2 and 3, even though I don;t think any of that matters.

What I get from it is that the slots 1-3 are simply an indicator of divisional rank. i.e. central is the leading div. while East is ranked 2nd, and West 3rd.

So, column "1" under "divisional winners" is the top ranked division. In this case Central. If you go to the American league and group by division it shows up a little different, being that the West is ranked the highest in the American League.

Hope this helps.

Archived