Brewer Fanatic

6/14/06 - Brewers (Villanueva) @ Reds (Ramirez) 11:35 am CST

Badger61
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about we pinch hit for Chad here....I know wishful thinking.

Note: the Twins only have 2 catchers on their roster, and yet they DH Mauer when he needs a day off behind the plate.

I'm not a big fan of this lineup because if we do get runners on vs. a guy with a nasty breaking pitch, there's a good chance both Hall and Jenkins will K.

Of course Moeller probably will as well, but that doesn't change based on the pitcher.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I realize this is 20/20 hindsight, but would anyone have considered a bunt by Hall there with no outs and Fielder on 2nd?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Its probably going to take a HR to win this one, since both teams have proved they're completely inept at getting runs in the conventional way....and of course Dunn has to lead off the bottom of the 7th.

I realize this is 20/20 hindsight, but would anyone have considered a bunt by Hall there with no outs and Fielder on 2nd?

Still wouldn't have gotten the run across with two K's behind him.

And I'd have a tough time telling Hall to bunt regardless.

Archived