Brewer Fanatic

6/14/06 - Brewers (Villanueva) @ Reds (Ramirez) 11:35 am CST

Badger61
Badger..nope, the pitch plunked the knob of the bat and in true Brady Clark fashion...he acted like his hand was broken and was awarded first base...though, you can't blame him for this one...you gotta take what the umpire gives you I guess...

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Phillips is stupid.

Why would the Reds protest Clark touching second base when he never passed it?

It was obvious that they were protesting something related to Weeks.

And I still say Dunn didn't have that ball. He dropped it before he reached for it and before he touched the wall.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
Badger..nope, the pitch plunked the knob of the bat and in true Brady Clark fashion...he acted like his hand was broken and was awarded first base...though, you can't blame him for this one...you gotta take what the umpire gives you I guess...

So what do you expect him to do? "Excuse me, Mr. Umpire, that was a foul ball."

I don't know if it hit him or the bat, but if the ump doesn't know, you can't blame Brady for playing it off like it hit him.

2007 rotation? Why not the 2006 rotation, at least until Sheets and Ohka are ready...and I think I heard Mike Maddux say on the radio pre-game that Ohka threw 50 pitches and Sheets threw 60 pitches this morning! Not too bad!

A lot of pitching is mental. Some pitchers do fine until a runner or two get on base, or a home run is hit, or an error happens, then things just go downhill from there. They may have all the "stuff" in the world, but they can't handle

Others can suck it up and fight their way out of it. They might not have stuff, but they go after the hitters and often get out of the inning with little or no damage.

Archived