Brewer Fanatic

6/14/06 - Brewers (Villanueva) @ Reds (Ramirez) 11:35 am CST

Badger61

I mean what is it going to take for Yost to sit Jenks for a few Games.I know i am also sick of watching Moller behind the Plate he could do no worse than Rivera.

The Brewers have shown the ability to move pitchers up and down but refuse to make a move with Moller.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was on golf course for most of this game. Sounds like the hitters were on short rest. Should have used Cirillo, Hart and Gross in starting lineup. It's summer now, and day games after night games are tough.

How about Carlos Villanueva? I've been arguing for a year that he has been way too low on Power 50. Think Toby will move him into the top 10 where he belongs?

Yeah, I also have to salute Ned for the sheer brilliance of allowing Moeller to hit in the seventh when the Crew had a runner in scoring position and two out against a pitcher whose pitch count was becoming a bit large.

Pure, utter brilliance.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Has he ever pinch hit for Moeller? Seems like business as usual for Yost. I really don't blame him for that. Miller is old and needs his rest. But there has to be a better backup option than Chad "Black Hole" Moeller. While Rivera may not be the answer, he certainly couldn't be any worse.

Inconsistancy comes with having a host of young players.

What player hasn't been inconsistent the last couple of seasons? Lee is always held up as Mr dependable but he's no more consistent than anyone else. It's simply part of the game of baseball.

I feel like people quickly forget that there are two sides to the inconsistency equation. IMO the pitcher has a lot to do with the situation. If a pitcher is very good at hunkering down with runners in scoring position, it can make your team look very 'non-clutch.' if the brewers face a few more lefties than usual, jenkins can quickly look very inconsistent. not every situation is the fault of the hitter.

today was a good pitchers duel that could have easily gone either way.

I will say, though, that I look at Adam Dunn in a new light now. Horrible defense in this series, boatloads of strikeouts, but I guess he earned his paycheck by stealing a game in the series with the bomb. I don't know why, I have a hard time respecting such a one-dimensional player.

Archived