June 14th, 2006 at 11:35 AM CST

TV: ESPN

Radio: WTMJ 620

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/2005/11/14/kLCOelbd.jpg

Carlos Villanueva (0-0, 0.00)

vs.

http://www.covers.com/images/2006/180x180/ramirez_elizardo060523.jpg

Elizardo Ramirez (2-5, 4.02)

The Brewers, winners of 6 of their last 9, look for their first road sweep of the year as they take on the Reds, losers of 5 straight, at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. Carlos Villanueva makes his first major league start for the Brewers in front of a national television audience.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking forward to this game. Our new fridge is supposed to be delivered between 11 and 3, and I was planning on being home (watching the game) anyway...I think if Villanueva can give a line of 6 IP, 5 hits, 1 HR, 3 Ks, 1 BB....that would be excellent. I watched the game last night and was amazed at the bandbox that GAB is! It's tough to be making your 1st major league start in a park where if you hit a fly to right in your home park, it's a deep flyout, but in GAB it's about 8 rows up. That said, I have a good feeling about Villanueva....would like to see Hart start today. Always would like to see Hart start....but probably Gross will be in left, giving Carlos the day off if his ankle is still bugging him.

The Reds have already hit a bunch of homers this series. I'd like to see us do the damage and allow this kid a margin of error. How nice does a sweep sound after that big losing streak?

"Well that game was a big bowl of crap." - Brian

I hope all of this ESPN talk isn't a pipe dream and we once again get screwed by a blackout. I'm sick of Wednesday games not being televised as it's my day off during the week.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Toby's Power 50 Report on Vanilla

Look around Brewerfan a bit more, and you'll find lots of cool stuff.

edit:

Anyone else feel that Miller should be the one to handle first time starters or second timers? Milwaukee has a poor record when Bad Chad is behind the dish. I know it's a day game, but why not have given Moeller to Davis and Miller to the rookie Villaneuva?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Milwaukee Cincinnati --------- ---------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 6 20 .305 RF Freel, Ryan 4 13 .274 CF Clark, Brady 2 16 .292 SS Lopez, Felipe 6 24 .280 3B Koskie, Corey 7 22 .265 CF Griffey, Ken 11 35 .272 LF Lee, Carlos 21 53 .278 3B Aurilia, Rich 8 25 .252 1B Fielder, Prince 12 38 .298 LF Dunn, Adam 22 39 .240 SS Hall, Bill 15 34 .274 1B Hatteberg, Scott 4 16 .286 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 39 .252 2B Phillips, Brandon 7 38 .310 C Moeller, Chad 2 5 .216 C Valentin, Javier 1 8 .227 P Villanueva, Carlos (0-0, 0.00) P Ramirez, Elizardo (2-5, 4.02)

Archived