Brewer Fanatic

8/24/08 Non-Brewers IGT

And That

Games of interest, centrally timed, playoff odds in parenthesis:

12:10 - Astros (0.1%) @ Mets (72.4%) - R. Wolf (8-11, 4.81) vs. O. Perez (9-7, 3.93)

1:15 - Braves (0.0%) @ Cardinals (11.6%) - J. Reyes (3-9, 5.18) vs. B. Looper (11-10, 3.94)

1:20 - Nationals (0.0%) @ Cubs (99.1%) - J. Bergmann (2-9, 4.50) vs. R. Harden (8-2, 2.04)

3:10 - Marlins (1.5%) @ Diamondbacks (72.3%) - R. Nolasco (12-7, 3.67) vs. D. Davis (5-7, 4.68)

7:05 - Dodgers (27.3%) @ Phillies (30.1%) - H. Kuroda (7-9, 3.97) vs. J. Blanton (6-12, 4.87)

lol Harden against that team is probably the biggest mismatch in baseball this year

So you are saying that Harden > CC? Sorry I couldn't resist http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If you needed 6 innings max, than yeah he probably is. But I'm very happy we got Sabathia, the only thing that makes me jealous is that the Cubs have a relatively miniscule $7 million option on Harden next year. But to me there is nothing like having a pitcher that could potentially go 8-9 innings every time he's on the mound

lol Harden against that team is probably the biggest mismatch in baseball this year

So you are saying that Harden > CC? Sorry I couldn't resist http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If you needed 6 innings max, than yeah he probably is. But I'm very happy we got Sabathia, the only thing that makes me jealous is that the Cubs have a relatively miniscule $7 million option on Harden next year. But to me there is nothing like having a pitcher that could potentially go 8-9 innings every time he's on the mound

I agree, I'd take CC over Harden in a heartbeat given his workhorse nature, I just thought it was funny the way you worded the previous sentence about Harden vs. Nats being the biggest mismatch in baseball this year, when CC mowed down the Nats just a couple weeks prior.

Archived