Brewer Fanatic

8/24/08 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Sabathia): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23

In a world where Guillermo Mota can successfully escape a bases-loaded, 0-out jam, I believe most anything is possible. I had to suspend my Mota-torium and tip my cap to him.

I'll tip my cap to the crowd as well. An awful lot of people stayed to the end, and were "in the game" throughout. Also, today's few ill-timed attempts to start the wave were largely unsuccessful. Wouldn't it be nice if that meant fans were realizing that the wave has a time and a place?

Finally - it was nice to meet the poster bobble brian, and to see bensheeps and family. Those are my shout-outs!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, when fans were trying to start the wave in the ninth inning I was like "guys, seriously?" I was glad to see it die out quickly.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I don't think the bobble-head of JJ looks anything like him.i H\hope the guy who did the Fonz statue did do JJ'S. anyway great finsih to the game had a lot of fun as always. over 45000 at the game today

hawing wrote

Wouldn't it be nice if that meant fans were realizing that the wave has a time and a place?

Yes, it would and its called football.
Wow, I could not believe how many times it was attempted to get started in extra innings. Then you've got to love the people that ridicule you for "Not doing the wave!", and not enjoying the game...

This was a great game, and being a huge anti-Ned guy, I've got to give him major props. Every move I wanted to make he did. Mota was the perfect choice there (albeit practically only choice) but he pulled the trigger at the right time and it paid off. We needed a strikeout pitcher at the time, and it could have blown up in his face; but I still would have thought it was the right move. I've got to give kudos when he does well, because God knows I'll be sure to cut him down when he screws up.

Great day all around.

Exciting win.

Bill Hall finally with a nice day offensively.

My son with his first "alternate" bobble head

My 3-year-old daughter lets us stay til the end.

Good burgers and custard following the game with hawing's entourage.

Great game to be at. I said to my brother that it is wierd that there hasn't been an HR today and on the next pitch Cam launches into the left field bleachers. In the 12th when Weeks came up I told my wife that Ricky is gonna walk, steal 2nd, and JJ will single him in. Man I love it when I am right! Go CREW!

Archived