Brewer Fanatic

The Players Who Annoy You Thread

wibadgers23
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron Miles has recently become the player who probably makes me the angriest. Look at how full his goatee is. Is there any way his back isn't blanketed in hair? If he grew out a full beard and carried an axe he'd look like a dwarf.

Guys like Big Z, A-Ram, Edmonds, Theriot are mainstays, obviously. And how do the Cardinals keep winning with guys like Miles, Adam Kennedy, Brian Barton, Brendan Ryan, Cesar Izturis and Skip Shumaker on the team? Ugh.

"Add him to my list, too, after yesterday's run-down fiasco. That's just not the way to play the game. "

Exactly, Ru.

I still can't accept why Doug Eddings feels he owes Pierzynski special calls that aren't in the rule book. To refresh for some here, Eddings was the same ump who was behind the plate for the pivotal 2005 AL playoff game at Chicago against Anaheim. He called Pierzynski out on strikes on a low pitch, raising his arm to emphasize the "Yes, he DID swing and miss" call. Then, Eddings pumped his fist to spell out the fact that it was strike 3 and that Pierzynski was out. These 2 strike 3 calls led the Angel catcher to believe Pierzynski was the 3rd out, so he rolled the ball to the mound. Pierzynski runs to first and the dumb-ass Eddings reverses his DOUBLE strike 3 call, and allows him to stay at 1st base. The White Sox, who could have been down 2 games to none, with the next 2 at Anaheim, instead drive in Pierzynski, tie and win the game, changing history.

Yesterday, if you didn't see it or read about it, Pierzynski was caught in a rundown against Tampa, and he throws up his arm, brushing against 3B Willy Aybar. Eddings, who is still allowed to call White Sox games, called interference, and awarded Pierzynski 3rd base, despite the fact that anyone with eyes could see that the desperate Chicago catcher initiated contact.

While I won't go as far as to say Eddings is in cahoots with Pierzynski, for personal or monetary gain, I'm convinced that Pierzynski is friendly with Eddings, and may have found someone very gullible, and easy to convince.

Given his lack of ethics, his brash demeanor, his win-at-any-cost attitude, Pierzynski will either be a White Sox announcer or manager in a few years, because he fits their mold. And his bench coach, or play-by-play partner, will be Doug Eddings, of course.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I would like to add the three biggest overachievers in baseball this year- Mike Fontenot, Ryan Theriot, and Reed Johnson of the Cubs. These guys annoy me to no end. When will they start playing like the very mediocre players that they are?! Oh, and my newest annoyance is Nyjer Morgan. I have a bad feeling he's gonna be a real thorn in our side the rest of the season.

Jim Edmonds has been one of my least favorite players for a real long time. I HATE the way he plays outfield, routinely making catches look tougher than they are, and when he catches the ball after a dive or slide or long run he acts like he's hurt. He'll get up real slow and take his sweet time throwing the ball back to the infield. Hey Jim.. if you're too sore to do that kind of thing anymore, get out of the game!

I hate virtually every Cub too.

Pujols is a whiny jerk.

I have disliked all Cubs players, including Sandberg, for 25 years so way too many to list but Zambrano, Theriot, Fukudome, and Ramirez top the list currently.

Others,

Eckstein - - "hey look at me I run to first on a walk, isn't that cute."

Pujols - - hate the smug look on his face when he bats

Dunn -- just not a big fan of lumbering oafs who k, BB, or HR

Doug Davis - - his games take forever, nibbling nibbling, walking guys, walking around mound, ugh. (Claudio Vargas is right there as well)

Barry Zito - - so over rated even before his recent collapse

Oakland A's in general -- played in a weak 4 team division and couldn't win playoff series with the collection of over acheivers each year yet still had so much pimping of their teams. I'd rather follow the Marlins model of winning a WS and having some bad teams in between than hang around as a fringe playoff team and never win anything because the team refused to spend anything to push them over the top. They seem to embody the measure that wins/$'s means something in the standings or playoffs.

Billy Bean - - thanks for trading Harden/Gaudin to the Cubs for a sack of magic beans.

Gabe Gross - - basically turned against him by the overhyping he received on this board.

Jeter - - guy could go 1 for 12 with 10 men LOB in a series and if the 1 hit scored the game winning run all you would hear is that he is a great hitter and hall of famer.

Dustin Pedroia - - can't put my finger on it but he just bugs me. (case of jerk face?)

Sheffield - - no explanation necessary.

Larry Jones -- don't like the nickname, don't like the face, don't like the Braves.

I would like to add the three biggest overachievers in baseball this year- Mike Fontenot, Ryan Theriot, and Reed Johnson of the Cubs. These guys annoy me to no end. When will they start playing like the very mediocre players that they are?!
If they annoy you fine. They're Cubs. That I understand. But overachievers? What's the basis of that statement? Fontenot is a part time 2nd year player and has mediocre numbers. He is hitting .005 higher than his first year with 8 HR's vs 3 last year. Johnson is also in a part-time role and should be expected to hit better when he is facing predominantly left-handed pitching. He is hitting about 25 points better than lifetime average but two years ago had even better numbers. Theriot is in his second full season and faded badly in August and September last year. Two years ago in a partial season he had even better numbers than he has this year. So just maybe last year was the anomoly and he's not the mediocre player you think he is.

All right - go ahead and tear it apart.

Fontenot is the worst for me. The thing you don't point out is the .510 slugging percentage- what the heck? Prince Fielder is slugging .501, there's something wrong with Fontenot slugging .510.

Also, Geovany Soto drives me insane. Why is he good at BABIP?!?!?

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs/3707_C_season_full_7_20080825.png

I was surprised that only one person mentioned Jason Lane in this thread. Jason Lane: Brewers :: Bill Hall: Reds.

One random guy I used to hate was Carl Everett. That batting stance had that twitchy thing... ugh.

Others: Felipe Lopez, David Weathers, and Jose Valverde.

One random guy I used to hate was Carl Everett. That batting stance had that twitchy thing... ugh.

I'd say him being an ass in general, spitting on an umpire, possibly abusing his kids, and him not believing in dinosaurs are a few good things that make him annoying.

I can't believe I forgot to mention Pierzynski, there's no way anyone but White Sox fans like him. Has anyone seen his bleached hair, it's pretty laughable.

I'm pretty surpsied Berkman is on a lot of lists. He always seems like he's having so much fun and has been very underrated his whole career.

I've always liked Reed Johnson and laughed out loud when the newly stupidfied Blue Jays cut him in Spring. A smart pickup by the Cubs.

The most annoying player in baseball is Derek Jeter. His smug "I've just soiled myself" smirk makes me thow my beer at the TV. he acts outraged whenever he doesn't get the call. It's that Yankee demeanor, that they somehow deserve more than the opposition that I can't stand. Jeter is the worst.

I've always hated Jason Giambi and his "I'm on crack" eyes. Every baseball journalist in the country should be fired for mistaking his roid rage fits as intensity and leadership. I admit I've found him more tolerable since his near apology for taking 'roids a few years ago.

I agree with the Theriot dislike. He is a slap hitter who seems to get more bloop singles and ground ball hits than anyone I know. He actually reminds me of Jason Kendall that way. He seems to have a below average arm for a shortstop as well at least when I watch him. He also has a high BABIP but I dont really understand the stat a ton. Does a slap hitter usually have a higher BABIP?

Other people on my list include, Zambrano, Tulowitzki, and Jeter.

I don't understand the hate for Berkman either. I love the guy and wish he was a Brewer. I am also a Pujols fan, but I can see how people don't like him.

As of this season, you can also add Francisco Rodriguez to the list of guys that annoy me. I am sick of watching him act like he won the world series each night after he gets a save.

Another one that I can think of is Geoff Blum.

Ron Santo's unseemly self-promotion seems right in line with the mystifying sense of entitlement that dominates much else about that wretched, losing franchise. And this is not to mention his unintelligible moanings, which make the quaint old racist Harry Caray in his three-decade twilight seem as concise as a Joseph Cotten Mercury Theater radio narration.

I want the recordings of Santo's ridiculous and indulgent moan at the final out to the NLDS, when the Cubs lose to the Diamondbacks, to be distributed by the USDA, maybe as a way to keep coyotes and hyenas from livestock. Or it could be played at the back end of chili- or hot dog-eating festivals to induce regularity. Speaking of which, instead of induction to the Hall of Fame, maybe there's a malfunctioning Illinois toll road toilet that would serve as a more proper Santo memorial.

and him not believing in dinosaurs are a few good things that make him annoying.

Actually I found that to be one of the greatest soundbites to ever come out of MLB ever.

Speaking of which, instead of induction to the Hall of Fame, maybe there's a malfunctioning Illinois toll road toilet that would serve as a more proper Santo memorial

Dude. You made me almost cry I was laughing so hard -- Fantastic.

Sprinting to 1st base on a walk doesn't make you a hustler. It makes you a dork.

He's not actually sprinting, it just looks that way because he's so short.

My list:

David Eckstein

Eric Byrnes

Josh Hamilton (To steal a line from Fire Joe Morgan, it's better to do heroin and lose the home run derby than to not do heroin and win it)

Jack Wilson

Christian Guzman

(insert generic Twins player who has no actual baseball skills aside from bunting and sprinting to first base on a walk)

I actually like Hunter Pence and Derek Jeter.

Hunter Pence and Khalil Greene are the most ugly, annoying baseball players alive. I would also love if I could make it through one Brewers/Astros series without hearing "Hunter Pence is a free swinger". I know already!!

Joba "God" Chamberlin is also annoying because the Yanks and their fans love him so much.

Elijah "wants to kill someone" Dukes and Dimitri "big ass" Young are also annoying

1. Aramis Ramirez---if he were a Brewer, I'd hate him. Can't put it any more succinctly than that. 2. Bill Hall---seriously, Billy, you hit the ball hard once a month.........run, dummy!! 3. Jim Edmonds---for the reasons others have mentioned. 4. Ivan Rodriguez---your day is coming you cheater.

Archived