Brewer Fanatic

06/16/06 Indians (Sabathia) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 CST

JoeH33

Cleveland Indians

CC Sabathia - (5-2, 2.62)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/cc.jpg

Sabathia's Splits vs. Milwaukee

Sabathia's only trouble in his last outing against the White Sox on Saturday was keeping his pitch count in check. The count reached 110 through only six innings, so Sabathia's day was cut short. His performance, though, was impressive, as he limited the Sox to a run on four hits with three walks and seven strikeouts. He rebounded nicely from his first rough outing of the season, which had come June 4 against the Angels. (MLB.com)

@

Milwaukee Brewers

Chris Capuano - (6-4, 3.35)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/Cappy.jpg

Capuano's Splits vs. Cleveland

Capuano scattered nine Cardinals hits in seven innings of his most recent start and limited the damage to three runs, his 13th quality start in 14 outings this season. But the Cardinals scored twice in the second inning and got a solo home run from Scott Rolen leading off the fourth for a 3-0 lead, sending the Brewers into comeback mode. After holding opponents to a .179 average in April, Capuano was hit at a .304 clip in May and .306 so far in June. (MLB.com)

Starting Lineups

Cleveland Milwaukee --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Sizemore, Grady 12 34 .299 2B Weeks, Rickie 6 20 .296 2B Belliard, Ronnie 4 30 .288 CF Clark, Brady 2 16 .288 1B Hafner, Travis 18 55 .303 1B Cirillo, Jeff 2 9 .333 C Martinez, Victor 10 44 .293 LF Lee, Carlos 21 53 .276 RF Perez, Eduardo 7 20 .300 SS Hall, Bill 15 34 .269 SS Peralta, Jhonny 5 28 .231 C Miller, Damian 5 24 .273 LF Gutierrez, Franklin 0 0 .000 3B Koskie, Corey 7 22 .269 3B Boone, Aaron 3 26 .278 RF Hart, Corey 0 4 .417 P Sabathia, CC (5-2, 2.62) P Capuano, Chris (6-4, 3.35)

General Information

TV - FSN North

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

Game Information

Press Pass

MLB.com Preview

Tribe 24/7.com, Tribe-Talk.com, Indians Forum at Scout.com

Cleveland Indians Official Site

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.. Corey Koskie actually has had some success against Sabathia. He's 9 for 26 with a homer, 2 doubles, 8 walks. .346 BA and 1.066 OPS against Sabathia. Might Koskie actually get a start tonite, even with Sabathia being a lefty?

My gut tells me that Sabathia is going to absolutely own us, going eight shuntout innings or something like that, and we lose 5-0.

My head tells me that we aren't going to get shutout again though, but that it will still be a pitchers duel, with Cappy and the Brewers winning 3-1.

It'll be interesting to see what the crowd is tonight: Interleague matchup, two elite pitchers, fleece blanket give-away for some fans...I'll say somewhere between 28,000 and 30,000 Brewers faithful (maybe a couple of Tribe fans make the trip too)

My gut tells me that Sabathia is going to absolutely own us, going eight shuntout innings or something like that, and we lose 5-0.

My head tells me that we aren't going to get shutout again though, but that it will still be a pitchers duel, with Cappy and the Brewers winning 3-1.

It'll be interesting to see what the crowd is tonight: Interleague matchup, two elite pitchers, fleece blanket give-away for some fans...I'll say somewhere between 28,000 and 30,000 Brewers faithful (maybe a couple of Tribe fans make the trip too)

fleece blanket give-away for some fans

They should save that for September. It's 90 degrees with a mid-60s dewpoint in Milwaukee right now, and one of the last things I'd want to carry around at Miller Park tonight is a fleece blanket. (That's if I were going tonight.)

Go home team. One of my library colleagues is a Tribe fan and I don't want him to have a reason to talk smack on Monday.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

From the JS online SportsWatch

Quote:
Brewers rightfielder Geoff Jenkins, struggling at the plate (10 for his last 54, no homers since May 20), was out of the lineup for the game Friday night against Cleveland. With powerful left-hander C.C. Sabathia pitching for the Indians, manager Ned Yost had right-handed hitter Corey Hart in right field on his lineup card, batting eighth. Jenkins has faced Sabathia in one game, going 0 for 3.

Hart 8th? Ouch.

With that said, here's my prediction for the lineup (pretty much a given):

Weeks 2B

Clark CF

Koskie 3B (possibly Cirillo to face the LHP)

Lee LF

Fielder 1B

Hall SS

Miller C

Hart RF

Capuano P

Wow! Hart gets a start. He must have had Ned's bunny at gunpoint or something. I think this will be a great series to watch regardless of the outcome (though I hope we do well)! In CC's last three starts he has been hitting 100 pitches in the 6th inning, so hopefully we do our magic and work them counts.

The question really becomes:

What does Hart have to do today to get the start tomorrow?

I am thinking nothing less than 3-4, 2B, HR, 3R, 4 RBI, BB, 2 SB, 1 diving catch & 1 outfield assist will make Ned think that the kid can play. And that is unreasonable.

I had to drive to Detroit and back this week, and sports radio there thinks (it must be true) - to be a WS contender - they need a left-handed outfield bat and a quality set-up man. They were talking primarily about Abreu & Burnitz but... I know this belongs in the trades forum, but Jenkins & Wise for Verlander (mentioned as bait on the show) & a nugget seems to be fair to me.

Let the ridicule begin, I know. But re-build the pitching staff.

Capuano

Verlander

Jackson

Davis

Bush

(Sheets) ((he makes a nice #6 doesn't he?))

Whats on your menu for the game?

I am having hot wings and home fries, with some tasty Schlitz to wash it down (I need to get it out of my fridge). Does Schlitz have a half-life?

Archived