Brewer Fanatic

8/22/08: Non-Brewers IGT

thablingster

Nationals and Cubs are underway after a rain delay.

Cardinals face the Braves and the vaunted Charlie Morton tonight.

Mets and Johan Santana face Houston and Roy Oswalt tonight.

Cubs are currently threatening with runners on the corners with 1 out in the first.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The Cubs steal a run on a double steal. A-Ram struck out, Lee takes off to second, Washington's catcher throws down to second and Soriano takes home.

Good job, Natspos. By the way, Ron Belliard is playing first base today. Yuck.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Cubs have a Brewers-esque inning with RISP. Two walks with no out, a strikeout, popped up bunt, and a ground out to short gets Lannan out of his mess.

I wish we had more games against the Nationals. Watching this team play baseball is depressing, yet amusing. 4-0 by the way. The Cubs will win this one by double digits easy.

Derosa must have started a new cycle at the beginning of August or something. His August line:

.345/.424/.673/1.097

EDIT: Make that the whole season. His career average (before this season) is 44.7 AB/HR. This year, 25.44 AB/HR

Willie Harris grand slam, 6-4 Natspos. Wait, what? So much for my prediction of doom, lol.

I seriously left the room for 10 minutes and the Nats are leading.

And with that Nationals run they have scored more runs on the Cubs today than they did in the entire 4 game series at Miller Park. With the wind blowing out a 3 run lead still doesn't feel very safe.

Eh, I am not going to get excited of the prospect of the Cubs losing until we get within 2 games. If we get that close again I will start caring how the Cubs do. Obviously I always want them to lose but I am not going to get pissed if they until we are a little closer

Archived