Brewer Fanatic

Aspect Ratio Conflicts when Printing Digital Photos

zurch1818

This is something that I just don't understand. The aspect ratio on most digital cameras is 4:3. However, when it comes time to print the photos, sizes offered by most stores and websites are 3:2 (ie 4x6). To make the 4:3 photo fit on the 3:2 photo, they crop off some of the top and bottom of the digital picture. There was a temporary solution to this problem during last winter of last year when walgreens offered a print size of 4x5.3 which is very close to the 4:3 ratio.

Now when I go to the walgreens website, I don't have that option anymore -- I only have an option for 4x6. I don't know why stores haven't made that transition yet, its not like most people don't have digital cameras. Does anybody know of some store that offers 4:3 prints or a solution? Thanks

One thing you could do would be to edit the files in a graphics program like Photoshop, GIMP, paint.net, etc so that they fit the size that you want to print.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I just got back from vacation and have 200+ that are going to get printed and it seems like a lot of extra work for this to work.

There are ways to do the image size conversion in a batch, meaning all you have to do is prep the conversion the way you want it, click a button, and all of the files will be edited to the size that you want. I'm not a wiz with graphics programs but I know that this is definitely an option.

Archived