Brewer Fanatic

quitting my job

GAME05

well, looks like i'm going to resign from my job tomorrow, so please everyone wish me the best.

especially if you read Political Scene, you've no doubt heard me complain thoroughly about my job. it's reached the point that the bosses don't like my performance. i thought by working extra-hard i would change things, but it is certain to me that it's really a philosophical difference--i simply don't see what a proofreader should be seeing. *it should be noted that i'm an excellent editor, just a bad proofreader, and there is certainly a difference, so i've discovered. i had my hand slapped a month ago, and was told today that i'm somehow doing a worse job after that warning.

what helps is i've always totally hated that job. i'm in an office with six other editors--no cubicles--and i haven't spoken a solitary word in two weeks, including "good morning" or "good night." this silence is quite typical.

the good news: I've already been accepted to grad school. I'd planned on doing both, but now i will just take more credits and graduate a whole lot faster. yeah, extra debt, but i'll manage.

Best of luck to you Game. There have been more than a few days within the last calendar year where I wanted to walk out but my family responsibilities have not allowed that. I admire your courage and hope for the best for you.

the good news: I've already been accepted to grad school. I'd planned on doing both, but now i will just take more credits and graduate a whole lot faster. yeah, extra debt, but i'll manage.

Excellent! Glad to hear it Game. Being free from that horrid job was will be worth every extra penny... I think. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived