Brewer Fanatic

8/22/08 Pirates (Duke) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
honestly, how man pitches has Corey seen in his 3 at bats? 5? 6?

I'm not sure why this matters. The only "bad" pitch he swung at was the one for his first out, and considering there were two strikes on him, it wasn't an outrageous pitch at which to swing.

my thoughts with wanting Corey to take more pitches is that I figure the more pitches he sees, the greater the chance that he'll get a fat pitch to square up on. I have no research or stats to back up that claim, but I always just kind of assumed that the more pitches you see, the better your odds of getting one to hit.

Fantastic to see Nix and Rickie getting a little something going this inning!

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

my thoughts with wanting Corey to take more pitches is that I figure the more pitches he sees, the greater the chance that he'll get a fat pitch to square up on. I have no research or stats to back up that claim, but I always just kind of assumed that the more pitches you see, the better your odds of getting one to hit.

Fantastic to see Nix and Rickie getting a little something going this inning!

I see your point. My thought is that (and obviously, I'm no pro) if you are given a fat pitch right away, you might as well swing, since you don't know when you're going to see another.

Archived