Brewer Fanatic

8/20/08 Non-Brewers IGT

And That

Games of interest, centrally timed, playoff odds in parenthesis:

6:05 - Nationals (0.0%) @ Phillies (28.7%) - C. Balester (2-5, 5.06) vs. B. Myers (5-10, 5.02)

6:10 - Braves (0.0%) @ Mets (71.3%) - J. Jurrjens (11-8, 3.15) vs. M. Pelfrey (11, 3.91)

7:05 - Reds (0.0%) @ Cubs (99.6%) - B. Arroyo (10-10, 5.51) vs. T. Lilly (12-6, 4.32)

7:15 - Pirates (0.0%) @ Cardinals (14.5%) - J. Davis (1-2, 1.80) vs. T. Wellemeyer (10-4, 3.79)

8:40 - Padres (0.0%) @ Diamondbacks (56.8%) - J. Peavy (9-8, 2.61) vs. D. Haren (13-6, 2.96)

9:10 - Rockies (0.6%) @ Dodgers (43.1%) - J. Francis (3-8, 5.74) vs. C. Billingsley (12-9, 3.10)

9:15 - Marlins (4.8%) @ Giants (0.0%) - S. Olsen (6-8, 4.03) vs. M. Cain (8-9, 3.57)

Reds tie the Cubs at 1 in the top of the 6th, but the Cards have scored in 3 straight innings to take an 8-2 lead over the Bucs. Out west, the Padres have taken a 4-0 first-inning lead over the D-Backs.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Cincinnati

AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg

C. Dickerson cf 3 0 0 0 0 1 1 .345

J. Keppinger ss 2 0 0 1 1 0 1 .263

J. Bruce rf 2 0 0 0 1 1 1 .258

B. Phillips 2b 3 0 0 0 0 1 3 .267

E. Encarnacion 3b 3 1 1 0 0 1 0 .250

J. Votto 1b 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 .277

J. Cabrera lf 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 .340

R. Hanigan c 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 .235

B. Arroyo p 2 0 0 0 0 2 1 .200

Totals 23 2 2 2 2 7 7

I have NO idea why the Reds are not up 12-1 with this line up!!

Out west, the Padres have taken a 4-0 first-inning lead over the D-Backs.

And with Peavy on the hill, Arizona has already tied it in the 2nd at 4-4.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Why did we trade Gabe Gross for nothing? Oh yes, to get Gwynn more at bats. *sigh*
The Brewers pretty much just gave them Balfour, too. He's their setup man now, isn't he?

edit: Ok, we got McClung for Balfour. Balfour this year has 57 K's in 39 innings. A 1.39 ERA and a WHIP of .897. Not bad.

And Melvin traded him because of one bad outing last year?

Jeff Samardzjia (I don't care how it's spelled) is the second coming. I predict there will be more of his jersey t-shirts at Wrigley next year than those of Fukudome because Notre Dame is bigger than all of Japan in Chicago.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Community Moderator

Gross has done a good job making the highlight reels this year, but his .234 average wouldn't cut it for us. He'd be in Nashville right now.

Does anybody think the Cubs will lose this game? I know their win probability is 21%, but I fully expect them to tie/win the game here.

CoCo in to close at Wrigley.

Wanna bet the Cubs score 2 to beat him? Hope I'm wrong.

Edit- I see some others agree with me. He got squeezed on strike 3 versus Ramirez there.

Gross has done a good job making the highlight reels this year, but his .234 average wouldn't cut it for us. He'd be in Nashville right now.

Does anybody think the Cubs will lose this game? I know their win probability is 21%, but I fully expect them to tie/win the game here.

I believe Gross' OPS is well over .800 since joining the Rays.

Wow, Ramirez looked terrible on that swing. Mr. Clutch HR K's.

Edit- And Edmonds just looked stupid with the bat on his shoulder. Two outs.

Ha! DeRosa was HR posing when he hit that foul ball 300 feet.

Community Moderator
I believe Gross' OPS is well over .800 since joining the Rays.
Looks like it's .764. Not great, but not terrible either. For comparison, in approx. the same number of at-bats, Gabe Kapler has an .835 OPS.

Raise the "L" flag!

I don't care if they're out of our reach, a Cubs loss always works for me.

Archived