Brewer Fanatic

6/19/06 Tigers (Bonderman) @ Brewers (Davis), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
Quote:
When one of those errors is on said pitcher out of the bullpen, it's kind of hard to excuse him from fault, isn't it?

Last I checked... that error didn't score a run. If Koskie makes that play, out #1. Then the line-out to Weeks, out #2. Then a walk. Then a strike out, out #3. No runs score!! So yes... it was partially his fault... but if the defense picks him up, no runs score.

Things could have played out differently had they had a runner on first, but they probably still would have bunted... so it could have happened.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Are you serious? First of all, one of the errors was on the pitcher, so are you really going to try to use that? Secondly, yes Wise is absolutely at fault for giving up THREE hits while Capellan gave up what will probably be the game-winning double.

Wise gave up TWO hits... and neither of them left the infield!! Whoo hooo... he's getting CRUSHED. Get him out of here! He's terrible .

And if Koskie makes a play on a bunt... Ordonez never would have seen Capellan.

Quote:
Wise gave up TWO hits... and neither of them left the infield!! Whoo hooo... he's getting CRUSHED. Get him out of here! He's terrible .

Of course there is the issue of that 4 pitch walk you neglected to mention. That certainly helped matters.

Quote:
Last I checked... that error didn't score a run. If Koskie makes that play, out #1. Then the line-out to Weeks, out #2. Then a walk. Then a strike out, out #3. No runs score!! So yes... it was partially his fault... but if the defense picks him up, no runs score.

Things could have played out differently had they had a runner on first, but they probably still would have bunted... so it could have happened.

We can if, and, or but the situation all we want. I don't know what MIGHT have happened and neither do you. But I do know that Wise had no control, gave up 2 (corrected) basehits, gave up a key walk, and Capellan failed to stop the bleeding when it really counted with two outs and we still had a tie. The bottom line is that our bullpen came in and lost (barring a 9th inning rally) yet another game for us. Period.

Last I checked... that error didn't score a run.

If Wise doesn't throw the ball away, the runner couldn't possibly have scored on the Koskie error.

And of course if he makes the play cleanly, the tying run never gets on base. So I'm not sure how that error didn't lead to a run scoring.

Quote:
adambr speaks the truth - the bullpen didn't get the job done. Although, it is also fair to point out that we managed to score one whole run in this game.

Fair enough, but that doesn't really matter. This game could have been 6-5 or 8-7 for all I care, it would be nice to be able to go to the bullpen and feel like you've got at least a 50/50 shot getting a scoreless inning. I NEVER feel that way anymore, regardless of who they trot out there. A "reliever" should bring some "relief". The only thing these guys bring is heartburn or montezuma's revenge, but definitely not much "relief."

Archived