Brewer Fanatic

6/19/06 Tigers (Bonderman) @ Brewers (Davis), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Jeremy Bonderman (6-4, 4.01)

http://mario.mlblogs.com/my_weblog/images/bond_2.jpg

Bonderman struck out a season-high 12 batters in a no decision on Wednesday. He allowed one run on six hits and a walk -- Rotowire

vs.

Doug Davis (4-4, 5.07)

http://www.northgatebaseball.com/dd9.jpg

Davis collected the win against Cincinnati June 13, giving up three runs on six hits. He struck out five while walking three batters

Game Preview:

MLB.com

Media Coverage:

TV: FSN North HD

Radio: 620 WTMJ

Internet: MLB.com Gameday, ESPN.com GameCast

Splits:

Doug Davis vs. Detroit Hitters

Jeremy Bonderman vs. Milwaukee Hitters

Standings:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/standings.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/detroitstandings.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/wildcard.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at those wild card standings.

I'm assuming the * by San Diego and LA means that they are tied for their division.

If that's the case, there's no reason that we can't hope for a playoff run this year... well.. okay.. pitching.. But if either Benny or Tomo comes back and the pitching is even middle of the pack here on out, we have a shot...

None of those teams are way above us in terms of talent, if above us at all.

Let's keep it rolling Double D!

considering that none of the teams above us in the wild card standings are from the NL East, 2 are from the West (in a very wide open West, too--if it keeps up, that division is going to be won by another .500-ish team), and 2 are from our own division. . . . I like our chances. But I'm not about to say that it will be a cake walk.

I do think, however, that it will be easier to jump over 5 teams this year than it was last year, assuming these same teams stay in the race. If we could manage some series sweeps against CIN/HOU and/or keep beating the cruddy teams (KC, MINN, CHC, etc) the rest of the way, hopefully the entire NL West will keep beating each other up and keep them all near .500. As for the East, the Mets, barring a major toilet flushing (injuries, big egos, drugs, etc) have that division more-or-less wrapped up and I don't see other teams making a push.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Phillies, Colorado, and SF are only a half game behind us, so those standings can be a touch deceiving. 8 teams (It would be 9, but someone has to win the West) for 1 spot. Also, am I the only one who thinks that Philly may be a sleeping giant? Their pitching may be a little suspect, but what a lineup.

Funny, I was checking the Wildcard standings this morning, too. We string a few together and hope springs attorney.

The Crew has been consistent in one thing recently and that is their ability to dash our dreams as they climb to 500, so I fully expect a rash of DD free passes, an untimely error and cold bats.

I'm such a half-full kinda guy... please prove me wrong, Crew!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Funny, I was checking the Wildcard standings this morning, too. We string a few together and hope springs attorney.

Exactly. How quickly we forget and start expecting wins left and right. This board was pretty deserted a little over a week ago, and now its the wildcard talk again.

I'm looking forward to seeing Detroit. Should be a good tough series, kind of like when the Yankees were in town last year, and that was very cool.

These were the two most hyped up "sleeper teams" in the pre season, both were said to be teams ready to break out. So far Detroit has backed it up and we haven't.. lets hope for the sweep so we can show them why we had as much hype as they did!

I don't want two from Kansas City this weekend, I want the sweep. Kansas City is terrible and nothing less than a sweep would be a dissapointment in my eyes. The Brewers need to beat the bad teams consistently.

Detroit Milwaukee ------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Granderson, Curtis 10 34 .287 2B Weeks, Rickie 6 20 .296 2B Polanco, Placido 3 26 .290 3B Koskie, Corey 9 26 .268 C Rodriguez, Ivan 5 32 .302 LF Lee, Carlos 23 58 .280 RF Ordonez, Magglio 13 46 .304 1B Fielder, Prince 13 39 .296 SS Guillen, Carlos 9 44 .292 SS Hall, Bill 15 35 .272 LF Thames, Marcus 14 24 .307 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 41 .261 1B Shelton, Chris 14 34 .285 C Miller, Damian 5 24 .268 3B Inge, Brandon 15 41 .228 CF Clark, Brady 2 16 .283 P Bonderman, Jeremy (6-4, 4.01) P Davis, Doug (4-4, 5.07)

The Brewers have not scored more than 6 runs in a game in their last 21 games. That ends tonight. And they may have to if they want to win. Wow, that's a potent offense for the Tigers, at least on paper. I admittedly had never heard of Granderson or Thames before this series. I'm a little in the dark as far as the AL goes in my own little Brewer universe. DD has his hands full.

Boy Pudge has lost weight. Don't normally see him that often and it's striking. Seems even lighter than when he first got to the Tigers camp. You know, his "new" training programhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived