Brewer Fanatic

8/19/08 Astros (Moehler) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gabe, you are the best built athlete in MLB. You don't have to slow down to avoid a collision. Knock him into the middle of next week.

Ditto. I was really disappointed he didn't run him over. Besides, he had the right to it, so go for it

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

You guys realize that if Kapler gets hurt we have Laynce Nix starting in the outfield? I sympathize with the sentiment, but discretion was teh better part of valor there.

Ah, I put my money on the pitcher getting pancaked. If Gabe gets hurt, blame Yost

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Darin Erstad hasn't posted a league-average OPS since 2000.

I get really POed when I hear our announcers give in to the conventional wisdom crowd and talk up crappy players like that. After all, Johnny Estrada used to get his uniform dirty a lot, and I didn't hear anyone complimenting the way he went about his business. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

yount19.u wrote:

It was supposed to be outside and Sheets put it on a tee.

I realize that, but I think it was a bad idea in general to call a 2 seam FB in that situtation. If I where sheets I would try to blow the heat by Blum, or throw a curve in the dirt. Why throw your third best pitch, where if you miss your going to get killed, when you can try to get him to chase another curve.

You guys realize that if Kapler gets hurt we have Laynce Nix starting in the outfield? I sympathize with the sentiment, but discretion was teh better part of valor there.

With Braun down and a day game tomorrow, odds are Nix will be starting anyway. At that juncture I'd almost have TGJ and his noodle-bat, but eh. I just think this game is frustrating. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I realize that, but I think it was a bad idea in general to call a 2 seam FB in that situtation. If I where sheets I would try to blow the heat by Blum, or throw a curve in the dirt. Why throw your third best pitch, where if you miss your going to get killed, when you can try to get him to chase another curve.

Sheets has done a lot of that lately. You'll have to ask him why, but he'll probably just mumble something about how he feels fine, so there's not really any use in asking.

Bottom line is that Sheets has handled the pressure of a playoff race so well that we're probably better off if he tears up his finger again.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I've gotta give it to Mota, granted he has been pitching a lot of low stress innings but he has looked better in the past month or so.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm not a TGJ guy, but I'm also not a Nix guy so I am a man without an island. I'm definitely a Braun guy, though.

Nice job, Mota. The Mota relief fund hotlines can stay closed for the evening.

Archived