Brewer Fanatic

8/19/08 Astros (Moehler) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dale was thinking Cameron was already on thirdbase. He forgot that our manager is the most idiotic manager in all of sports and asked our worse hitting pitcher to try a slash play. I don't care that he didn't get it down last at bat. When you are in the Wildcard chase and each game means so much, you do not take chances on stupid plays like that. Ned you are an idiot.

I am still in disbelief that Sveum sent him there. The little clock in my head told me that he'd be stopping at third, and I didn't even need to see the play. It was physically impossible for almost any runner to score from second on that play, given how quickly Pence got to the ball.

Not a bad idea, since Ben showed he can't bunt last inning.

I'm going to assume, without looking at the stats, that Sheets has been more successful at laying down bunts in his career than he has at swinging away.

I am still in disbelief that Sveum sent him there. The little clock in my head told me that he'd be stopping at third, and I didn't even need to see the play. It was physically impossible for almost any runner to score from second on that play, given how quickly Pence got to the ball.

Yeah, I'm not even sure Rickey Henderson in his prime scores on that.

3 hits, 1 walk, 0 runs. Thanks Ned and Dale.

10 baserunners in 4 innings nets 2 runs. Ick.

It will be interesting, and more than likely a little nausiating, to see how Ned makes excuses for this traveshamockery.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived