Brewer Fanatic

Win Tickets To Sit In Doorman's Seats, Saturday, September 6 v. Padres (Final Charity Auction for 2008)

rickey24

Friends-

I've had numerous people come up to me over the past few years and tell me they wish they could sit in my seats for a game, well now is your chance to do just that. With the blessing of Brian, I'm going to have an open auction for my both of my seats to an upcoming Brewers game. There are however, a couple of rules that go along with sitting in these seats. First off, no foul language or upsetting of anyone sitting near you, and secondly, no calling all of your friends and waving to them when you're on camera. If you can abide by those two rules you're free to bid on these seats.

One more thing, this is a charity auction, with 100% of the proceeds being given to one of the charities listed below. So here is your chance to get a tax deduction, feel good, watch the Brewers, and then go home and see how you look eating peanuts and hot dogs on TV. There are a few things that need to be clear before I start this auction, they are:

1) Winning bidder will choose one of the three charities (listed below) that they want to give their money to.

2) Winning bidder must provide me with a phone number by the end of the auction so I can contact them to arrange the exchange of tickets and check.

3) Winning bidder will personally meet me to receive the tickets and will at that time provide me with a cashiers check or money order written out to one of the three charities. I will send the winning bidder a receipt from the charity so they can use that for the IRS.

4) The open auction will end on Monday, September 1, 11:00 pm CDT, with the highest bid at that point declared the winner. This isn't eBay, so please don't wait until the last minute to submit your bid.

5) I will personally donate $200 to the other two charities that are not chosen so no one loses out.

The three charities that I've decided will benefit from this auction are:

1. Make-A-Wish Foundation

2. MACC Fund

3. Red Cross

While I certainly understand that there are many more charities out there that are worthy of receiving a donation, these are the three that I've decided I'd like the proceeds of the sale of my tickets to benefit.

In addition to the tickets the winning bidder will also receive passes to the Metavante Club, where they can go before, during or after the game to have a drink or some food. Somehow I have a feeling they'll go to the club before the game!

Again, this is the second time I've done something like this, and will be the last one I do for the 2008 season, I will be doing this again next year thanks to the great response it has received. However, if you want to sit up close and personal, this is the last time for this season.

The opening bid of the tickets will be $120 which is what I paid for these seats when I bought them from the Brewers, although the face value of the tickets is more than this.

The seats are in Section 121, Row 4, Seats 9 & 10, you can put your left arm on the dugout sitting in my seat, and you can rest your beer on the dugout as well (of course it won't be up there long, the ushers will tell you to take it off).

Should you have any questions about this auction, please feel free to contact me at:

Thanks and good luck!

Rickey

Aka

The Doorman

I just wanted everyone to know that me and my wife attending the game against the Pirates after winning the last auction and highly recommend these seats, no matter the cost. Everything from eating at the Metavante Club to the people we sat next to were great. Be prepared to be on TV about 100 timeshttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. Ushers on both sides and people sitting around us made jokes about how we had to live up to Mark's standards. I got my first two baseballs ever from a major league game, one of which I gave to the 3 yr old sitting next to us, much to the delight of the whole section, the second I kept for my 2 yr old. In conclusion I would just like to Thank Mark(Rickey24) for the opportunity to enjoy his seats and would love to attend a game in them again if giving the chance and HIGHLY recommend the experience.

In conclusion I would just like to Thank Mark(Rickey24) for the opportunity to enjoy his seats and would love to attend a game in them again if giving the chance and HIGHLY recommend the experience.

Thanks again to jwill535 for being the winner in the first charity auction for my seats. He did a great job from all the reports I received and he and his wife did a great job "subbing" for us on Friday night! Jwill535's check and my checks were sent off to the four charities last week, and I'm happy to see that three more charitites will benefit from this auction as well.

Rickey

Dear Rickey aka Doorman

Just so you know, you've got some big fans outside of Milwaukee as well. I always know its a big hit when you get up out of your seat!!!

Although I can't make it back on short notice for a game this year, I'd love to go next year. More than sitting in your seats, I'd be even more excited to sit in the seats next to you. If you get a chance during spring training next year and there's a way it works for you, I hope you have another auction with a little more notice. I for one would be excited to participate, contribute to those great charities and to fly back to go to a game.

All the best,

SoCal Brew Crew Fan

Los Angeles, CA

If you get a chance during spring training next year and there's a way it works for you, I hope you have another auction with a little more notice. I for one would be excited to participate, contribute to those great charities and to fly back to go to a game.

SoCal-

Thanks for the kind words, you can bet that next year I'll be doing this again, what I might do is announce early in the season which games I'm going to auction off, so that everyone can prepare to bid on the game that they really want. Sorry but I highly doubt I'll have any Cubs games available, and I hear the White Sox are coming next year as well, so those won't be available either. Thanks again for the great response to these tickets, I'm humbled and honored that we've been able to raise this much money for some great charities.

We'll do it again next year, but in the meantime, we've got a good auction going right now with a little more than one week to go!

Rickey

this is way off target but I just noticed that Rickey's picture is him with a Boston hat on. I've seen that avatar for how long now? I always thought it was a Met's hat he had on. Shows you that I wasn't really paying that close of attention.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

$400

Folks, we have another winner! Congrats to the Portage Plumber (who I pray is not the guy in his avatar and will be wearing a shirt), and thanks to everyone for supporting this auction. Thanks to Brian for allowing me to do this, and I'm thankful of the great Brewer Nation for giving to great charities. We'll be doing this three or four times next year and once Spring Training rolls around I'll announce which games will be available.

Rickey

Archived