Brewer Fanatic

6/20/06 Tigers (Miner) @ Brewers (Helling), 7:05 PM CST

Opey76
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
That had to be one of the largest 180 degree turns in game. Strike out the side with 9 pitches and look dominant in the first and then get shelled in subsequent innings.

Just got back from the game myself. It was a painful tease. Not only did Helling strikeout the side on 9 pitches, but the first two Brewers reached base and it looked like we were going to have a big inning . . . but then Weeks over-ran the base and the game was never the same.

All Tigers tonight.

Yuck.

By the way, I was sick to my stomach when Ordonez came up against Helling the second time. It was obvious Helling was getting shelled and I really hated that match up.

Ned Yost still does not have the best instincts and still struggles to get a feel for what is happening out there sometimes.

Well, I'm back from the game, and what more is there to say? I stayed the entire game (I don't leave early no matter the score), and it was kind of fun to see the crowd's reaction after Hart's RBI single in the 9th, we all got into it. Ah well, it's just unfortunate because Helling struck out 3 on 9 pitches, then Weeks walked and Koskie singled, seemed like a perfect way to start the game for the Crew. Weeks would have made it to 3rd with the way he was running, and Sveum threw up a late stop sign which caused Weeks to go back. I'm pretty sure Weeks wanted to go to 3rd and Sveum caused him to stop. If Sveum would have held up the stop sign a lot sooner, Weeks wouldn't have slipped and then maybe the game changes; I wouldn't have minded him being held for it was the 1st inning and Lee and Fielder were coming up. Anyway, with Cappy on the mound, I fully expect a win tomorrow. And poor Russ, driving 3 hours to see this big bowl of crap.

33,119 in attendence enjoying this one tonite.

Yep,

The hawing party paid to see this one (initially with the expectation that Jamie, ahem, was going to bring our Cooper bobblehead. It's OK, Jamie. We heard your message eventually).

Well, Rick, we'll always have that sweet top of the first, won't we?

Plus it didn't storm on us on the way home. I hate driving through storms at night on the way home from the Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

And poor Russ, driving 3 hours to see this big bowl of crap.

3:30 PM: Leave Work (Sturgeon Bay)

4:15 PM: Arrive at Home (Green Bay)

4:30 PM: Leave Home

6:30 PM: Arrive In Milwaukee

7:05 PM: Game Start (Go Brewers!)

8:03 PM: Leave Park (10-0, Damn you, Helling!)

10:30 PM: Arrive at Home (Green Bay)

To be fair, it's not like I didn't know old man Helling was getting the start. I knew what I was getting into.

The hawing party paid to see this one

At least BP paid for my tickets http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

this is a piece from The Brewers page today.

Detroit owns the best record in baseball, but they were 7-6 in mid-April when new manager Jim Leyland launched into a critical tirade after a disheartening loss. Brewers fans looking for similar fire from Yost on Tuesday would have been disappointed.

"I just think we got beat tonight. They just beat us," Yost said.

This is what bothers me a bit about Yost he seems to never get upset and lay into his club

Archived