Brewer Fanatic

6/21/06 Tigers (Robertson) @ Brewers (Capuano) 1:05pm CST

Badger61
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at work most of the day, trying to follow the game on my phone, but sometimes it became inconvenient. So when I finall got to leave, it's 3-2 Tigers, and a 2-0 count to Rickie Weeks. Homer on the first pitch I listen to, it was pretty sweet. Great win today, and is anyone else really worried about playing Kansas City? 'Cause I am.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Capuano looks like a lock for an all star berth. I think he's probably the top lefty in the NL right now. His only competition would be Glavine and Cappy's stats are slightly better. Heck, the only lefty better than him in all of baseball is Johan Santana (or maybe Kenny Rogers depending on what metrics you use).

EDIT: Removed Kazmir.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would have to agree with you Homer. When I first read that, I thought to myself that there was no way that is true, but thinking about it, the only one that would come close is Tom Glavine, but I have a feeling he'll drop off in the 2nd half.

I think he's probably the top lefty in the NL right now. His only competition would be Glavine and Kazmir and his stats are slightly better than either of those guys.

Do you mean Willis? Kazmir is in the AL thanks to the Mets. Before the season I would have listed Mulder and Willis as the top guys...obviously Mulder hasn't done what was expected, and Willis has had his ups and downs.

Also, Jeff Francis looks pretty good considering his home park...and Glavine is of course helped a lot by Shea.

Still, being the best lefty is kind of a trivial distinction...they don't have slots for LHP and RHP in the all-star game as they do on some all-star teams.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Oh crap. You're right on Kazmir. Stupid expansion teams!!!

But getting back to lefty/righty.....would Garner pick an all right handed pitching staff? Other than Glavine and Cappy, the only other guy worth taking is Wagner.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

is anyone else really worried about playing Kansas City? 'Cause I am.

If the Brewers walk into town with the "It's OK, its just the Royals" sentiment, they will probably at least lose two out of three.

You can't argue that the Royals are by far the worst team in baseball, but that doesn't take from the fact that they took 2 out of 3 in Houston against the 'Stros.

Play with the focus and determination that they did last weekend vs. Cleveland and they'll be fine. Neglect the Royals and we've got a disaster on our hands with many brewerfan.com-mers jumping out of windows.

Anyway, good win today, with another solid outing by Cappy. Gotta love that guy. Props to Barnwell and Weeks coming up big, and props to Crew fans for another 30,000+ crowd.

All that smak talk about Chad Moeller and he only comes away with one stinking hit? Apparently the power of his suckiness is much greater than I had thought. Next time he gets the go ahead, I'll have to break out the super power of reverse jinx. I may even need your help brewerfan-ers...
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I had to leave earlier, so I was unable to join the rest of the thread in bashing Chad.

All that bashing Chad

He got just one lousy hit

Bad Chad's evil wins

So five seven five

Does not have enough power

To help out Bad Chad?

See Chad swing and miss

Miss, Chad, Miss! You can not hit!

Like Blanco with bat

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived