Brewer Fanatic

8/18/08 Astros (Wolf) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's probably the problem. CC is lobbying Yost to basically throw 130 pitches every start if he needed to, in order to get the complete game. Maybe he could do it or maybe he couldn't. The thing is, he doesn't NEED to, so why find out?

Is there ANY pitcher in the league - from Aardsma to Zito - that will tell a manager "I can't get this guy" or "I can't go anymore"? No.

Every single pitcher in the league will stand on the hill with the ball when the manager comes out and - leaning on ego - lobby to stay in.

Just because CC has established that he can go 9, Ned believes he must go 9. 7 would have been plenty [Monday].

Im not so sure about how many guys really lie and say they still 'have it in the tank' V just be straight. Not saying they say take me out, but more don't advocate hard to keep the ball. Speculation, granted.

brewcrew00[/b]]Larger point is, tonights extra 20 pitches will make no difference in fatigue. This point in the season, and he's well enough stretched out, strong enough, and able enough to go 130 once in a while.

Larger point yet... why risk injury of any kind (fatigue related or not) to your stud pitcher with 2 innings of garbage time? If our bullpen cannot close out a win for 2 innings with a 6 run lead, we have problems. I would trust Mota/Gagne to get that job done.

I agree those two clowns should be able to close it out, in fact I have no doubt they could. I'm simply saying, I doubt there is a huge/serious risk of inujury for a pitcher of his physical stature to throw 20 extra pitches, with an extra day of rest coming. I've never said it was the best course of action, I am saying however it's far from the worst case that some on here are pointing. Nobody is a "moron" for the extra two innings last night.

Archived