Brewer Fanatic

8/18/08 Astros (Wolf) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His arm is fine, this inning has no bearing on "burning him out." I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out for the ninth either, keep in mind these guys have plenty of incentives to reach...

edit: He does bat second, so probably not.

So nobody up in the bullpen? Ned is trying to rip Sabathia's arm off before the season ends isn't he? 100 pitches, you now have a 6 run lead. I think the bullpen can handle two innings.

Didn't you hear? CC vowed to take over the NL lead in complete games by mid-August.

Why is CC in the game? Utterly and incomprehensibly stupid. I don't care that it was a quick inning. Simply a stupid move.

No its not. 110 pitches for a guy of his age, caliber and endurance is perfectly fine. It's not like he's getting to 130.

Pretty efficient inning for CC. Still a questionable call by Ned to throw him out there in the first place. Now I think we are guaranteed to see CC in there for the 9th. Ned still doesn't know how to manage pitchers, and I don't think he ever will.

Ryan Dempster says hi

I didn't say that no starting pitcher will ever be able to have an ERA under 3 over 163 IP. I'm talking about a player's true talent level, stripped of sample error. Our best guess at a player's true talent.

I don't know what Dempsters's true ERA is but if you want to take the under for the rest of the year and next at 3.0 ERA, you let me know.

Ryan Dempster says hi

I didn't say that no starting pitcher will ever be able to have an ERA under 3 over 163 IP. I'm talking about a player's true talent level, stripped of sample error. Our best guess at a player's true talent.

I don't know what Dempsters's true ERA is but if you want to take the under for the rest of the year and next at 3.0 ERA, you let me know.

It was a joke...

No its not. 110 pitches for a guy of his age, caliber and endurance is perfectly fine. It's not like he's getting to 130.

I sort of want the guy's arm fresh for September and hopefully October. There's really no reason for him to be going for a complete game with a now 7 run lead and 111 pitches.

No need to put CC in there for the 9th. Ned has to start thinking about October and the possibility that he'll start to wear down again this year. I know it's just one extra inning and the pitch count is not out of line, but it doesn't hurt to rest him when you have a chance.

No need to put CC in there for the 9th. Ned has to start thinking about October and the possibility that he'll start to wear down again this year. I know it's just one extra inning and the pitch count is not out of line, but it doesn't hurt to rest him when you have a chance.

Ned Yost think about October? I don't think he can fathom such a thing.

Why the over reaction? He's perfectly fine to pitch the ninth, and no, that shouldn't be in blue.

It's not like Ned throws his fist down and says "you're going back out there!" They talk, trainers are involved, Manager, Pitching Coach, all that. CC wants to be out there, I can promise that.

Archived