Brewer Fanatic

8/18/08 Astros (Wolf) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw the guy with the board behind the plate earlier. in the beggining of the game, his sign said "3TO". I naturally thought of this site.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I would hate to see Ryan miss a bunch more games. Maybe the next two against the Astros and team off day and then sit him for the entire Pirates series? Then an off day Monday before they go to St. Louis for two. Would be nice to have him back for that series but that might be pushing it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

rluzinski wrote:

He's a great pitcher who has still has an ERA of 3.01 for the year. He had ERAs of 3.22, 3.21 and 3.83 the previous 3 years in the AL. An NL team would probably expect around a 3.15 ERA from him, which makes him about as good as they come. In this day and age, no starting pitcher probably has a true ERA below 3.

Ryan Dempster says hi

I sure hope we don't burn out CC for the late September and hopeful October run...being up 8-2...and CC being at 100 pitches, it would be nice to see him pulled but it looks like that wont happen

While only giving up 2 runs, Sabathia hasn't looked all that sharp out there. (As he strikes Berkman out as I'm typing, go figure) I would have to think we have someone in the bullpen who can eat some innings here to save CC's arm a bit.

2 game win differential.

Let's not be silly now. My estimate was based on him having a 3.25 ERA. Through 8 starts, he's had a 1.55 ERA . You can certainly argue that my projection might have been a little too high but anything below 3 wouldn't have been realistic. A pitcher like CC can certainly throw up a 1.55 ERA over 8 starts but it would be foolish to assume that he will continue on that pace.

He's a great pitcher who has still has an ERA of 3.01 for the year. He had ERAs of 3.22, 3.21 and 3.83 the previous 3 years in the AL. An NL team would probably expect around a 3.15 ERA from him, which makes him about as good as they come. In this day and age, no starting pitcher probably has a true ERA below 3.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

All I had to do was post 4 words and it prompted a spirited multi-pronged defense....good show Russell.

Innings eater, not waste of AB

Archived