Brewer Fanatic

8/18/08 Astros (Wolf) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Astros still think they are in the playoff race, good for them. They are a mediocre team at best, with Carlos Lee. On paper, they are a very poor team. They are chasing 5 teams for the wildcard that are better than them. Baseball Prospectus estimates that they currently have a .2% chance of making the playoffs:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_oddspec.php

Not 2%, .2%. If they sweep the Brewers, that might raise to 1%!

I don't blame the media or Astro fans for treating this as a "cup half full" situation but there's no reason for us to pretend they are still in it.

Not a big fan of espn but was hoping to switch back and forth on key plays to see what the buffoons had to say. This is the second time I saw the Crew being scheduled yet they are not on. Does anyone know if it is a blackout issue?

It is in the Milwaukee area.

I'm in Madison and no ESPN game. Can someone explain to me these blackout restrictions. I always thought if it was a home game and not sold out, it would be blacked out, but I have yet to see an ESPN game for the Brewers this year.

Everyone knew Prince was going to be big and continue to get bigger as his probably short career goes on. It's not like the Brewers didn't know what they were getting. It is what it is. We can either get angry every time it hurts the Brewers or accept it. I'm just accepting it.

It might have been outside. CC didn't complain, he just better get that pitch.

It was definitely outside. I'm sure CC said something quietly about how he should get that pitch on his way back to the dugout.

AFLAC Trivia question:

Who are the three players in Brewers history to have 30 HR, 100RBI and bat .300 in a season?

I'm going with Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and John Jaha. Jaha just snuck in there with a .300 season in '96.

Archived