Brewer Fanatic

8/16/08 Non-Brewers IGT

Mass Haas

Watching this Cubs/Marlins game made me realize a few things:

1) This Cub team is really really really good. Yeah, this shouldn't be new but I have now realized it is going to take even more then the typical Cub choke session for this team to not win the Central. However, I don' think this is an unbeatable force come playoff time particularly because of the starting pitching.

2) Len and Bob are bad. Just be thankful for what we as Brewer fans have to listen to no matter if it is Bob and Jim on the radio or Bill and Brian on tv. I hate the whinyness of Len's voice.

3) Poor Marlins. I was borderline on starting another thread on this. Is there a team with a worse fanbase in professional sports than Florida? I understand they recycle through players like crazy but the system is winning and has won more world series than the Brewers/Cubs in the last 10 years than the latter two have in 100. The small crowds are embarrassing and I feel for the players. It is to the point where I don't know to cheer for them (not against the cubs but in general of course i will against the cubs) because i feel bad, or cheer against them because those fans do not deserve playoff baseball.

well, the way things are going lately with the other teams, I fully expect Henry Blanco so hit a pinch-hit 3-run triple to pull it out for the Cubs tonight. Or, even worse, a pitcher doing it (not named Zambrano).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Alright, Kevin Gregg finishes off the Cubs tonight.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived