Brewer Fanatic

Laynce Nix is no help

DonMoney4Mgr
Not that I'm a Nix fan or anything but who would you rather have bat in that situation? Counsell vs a lefty isn't a good option, Nix vs a lefty isn't a good option, Kendall is the catcher and Ned never uses the backup catcher to pinch hit unless he has to and Kendall's not a good hitter either. Braun was on the bench but probably not available.

I'm not worried about Nix, was only up to add an extra OF for a few days. I'm much more concerned with Weeks and Counsell's wet paper towel bats taking away AB's from Durham and Hall/Branyan. Now I know Russ is on the DL but Counsell was getting most of the PT before that anyway.
Small sample size but Weeks is hitting .273/.369/.432/.801 not counting his 3 walks today post ASB.

Nix is not a bad reserve OF at all, but they're a dime a dozen. I'd rather have someone with OBP skills rather than power in that spot. Very good defender.

Weeks is like 3-4% from his career numbers. He's what he always has been, an above average offensive 2B, who has hit a few balls right at guys this year. His BA is low, but if you're using BA, I'm done here.

Nix is not a bad reserve OF at all, but they're a dime a dozen. I'd rather have someone with OBP skills rather than power in that spot. Very good defender
It depends on your definition of bad. Nix is horrible. .131 BA in his last 86 major league at bats with no walks. That's Ben Sheets territory. I would rather have bonds with all the baggage, or what about Brad Nelson? He's versatile, and has an OBP of 390 at Nashville. LF is not a defensive position anyway. (Kaplers' last week of defense notwithstanding)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone on the 4o man 8/31 is eligible for the playoffs.
if this is the case, why did the brewers wait until 9/1 to dfa gardner and transfer capuano to the 60-day?

had they done so on 8/31, and purchased the contracts of gamel and salome on 8/31 (simply adding them to the 40-man ala joe dillon last year) and then calling them up a day later, would not those two players be eligible for postseason play?

the way things stand right now, only 38 of the 40 players on the 40-man roster on 8/31 are available right now. not the best preparation for the postseason in my opinion.

Archived