Brewer Fanatic

8/16/08 Brewers (Bush) at Dodgers (Lowe): 9:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23
Ennder wrote:If this is how you are going to judge a manager you'll never have any idea how good one is. How good a manager is comes down to how good his players are by this logic. Are you honestly going to try to say that putting in Rivera in the 9th is wrong every time he blows a save? Or that starting Sabathia is wrong if we lose the game? I sure hope not.
You forgot to add all the wins we have starting Counsell at 3B so that must be a good idea thing.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No matter what the outcome of this game is, there is no way you can fault Yost. He has made all the right calls and his team has collectively pooped its pants. Ridiculous!!!!!

Ned made decent, calculated moves. But I don't see how you can say he made all the right calls when the ultimate outcome didn't work out. Obviously the calls he made weren't right, because if they were the Brewers would have won. Granted I don't think Ned made any bad moves that inning, but the moves he did or didn't make ended up not working out, players fault notwithstanding.

If this is how you are going to judge a manager you'll never have any idea how good one is. How good a manager is comes down to how good his players are by this logic. Are you honestly going to try to say that putting in Rivera in the 9th is wrong every time he blows a save? Or that starting Sabathia is wrong if we lose the game? I sure hope not.

I really wasn't judging Yost. I just said his moves didn't work out. So they couldn't have been the right ones. I could make the greatest sales pitch of the century in most people's opinion, but if I don't close the deal that pitch was ultimately not the right one.

Riske's really fooling them.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Time to officially fire up the "Villanueva for Closer" bandwagon if Torres is down. Hopefully it goes better than that "Mota for Closer" bandwagon back in April.

Count me in.. my "Villy for the 8th" campaign has not been effective.

Archived