Brewer Fanatic

Prince's weight

Weirdos19

I work out everyday and I guarantee you I would score before he made it to third base. My marathon pace is nearly as fast as his sprint pace.

Heh, that might be a stretch.

The other night, Prince scored from first on a triple by Hart before Corey stepped on 3B. Granted, Prince had a head start of his lead at 1B, but I hear Hart is rather speedy.

Prince is certainly a big guy, but he also a pro athlete. He's much, much faster than many catchers, and considering his youth, while heavy, is still probably in pretty good shape...he never has to stop at 1B on a ball down the line or in the gap, for example. A double always ends up as a double.

I believe they timed Prince on one of his inside-the-park HR's and it was 16 seconds, or something like that. While that's possible to beat, for most of us, it is ridiculous to think about, even back when I was in the best shape ever. Of course, until you can drive balls 450 feet off the top pitchers in the world, it's all moot.

I think it is safe to say Fielder is a good bet to age badly. But, he's likely to be very good until he hits 30.

This is where some side-by-side photo action might be illuminating.
I doubt it. We had some side by side photos last time and it still wasn't conclusive.

Yeah, probably so (unless it was one of those Nutri System before-and-after deals).

Even if it's 270, he and CC are still among the heaviest MLB players ever. (Fewer than 200 players have played at 230+.)

Source or speculation? Dude...

There are 5 on the Brewers roster right now.

CC

Prince

Soup

McClung

Gagne

And realistically, both Rivera and Turnbow are 230+. Hell, even Sheets is listed at 226 and he's "smallish".

NL Central 230+ on roster:

Cubs: 4

Reds: 5

Stros: 4

Pirates: 4

Cards: 7

Take a look at the White Sox roster sometime... 14 of them. Average weight is 226.

I wonder how many of you guys (if any) could outrun Prince in 90 feet?

Ever see the gut that hung over the belt of Reggie White? How about Warren Sapp? Those 2 guys, as well as many other big guys, were flat-out great athletes. They were stronger, faster, and had more stamina than their smaller counterparts, and they were all those things for many, many years. Big does not necessarily mean poor health or lack of athleticism.

Gotta call poppycock on this one too. I'm not hear to toot my own horn, but I've run over 30 miles this week, and I have a 15 mile run slotted for Sunday. Being fit is my livelyhood, and there's more of us out there than you obviously realize. I could crush prince in a 90-foot sprint, or a 26.2 mile run.

If it is 16 seconds, that is pretty good. About 14.58 seconds for a 100 meter dash(13.3 seconds for 100 yards). That isn't taking into account the extra distance for rounding bases.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

When I saw him sitting on the bench last night I really noticed it. I'm not going on any tofu/soy diet any time soon.

I wonder how many of you guys (if any) could outrun Prince in 90 feet?

I'll turn 35 on Monday, and I guarantee I could smoke him around the bases (even if he didn't spin out at the plate from swinging so hard). Like Hardy Har Har, some of us are real athletes in our personal lives.

Hopefully Prince rededicates himself to losing weight this offseason. Fat baseball players has always been a pet peeve of mine. You're a professional athlete; take care of your body.

That being said, Prince is right behind Braun as my favorite Brewer.

I cannot find his MIN HR to time, but it only took him 18 seconds on his one versus TOR this year, when he was unsure what was going on.

And the difference between the world record and a "fast" runner is probably only a second...these races in China are within a couple tenths of a second.

As I said, I'm sure some people can run around 120 yards of bases in 16 seconds, but I can't, and I never could. I think very few "civilians" can. And if people feel they are in better shape than a pro athlete, one has to wonder why you're not famous.

I believe they timed Prince on one of his inside-the-park HR's and it was 16 seconds, or something like that. While that's possible to beat, for most of us, it is ridiculous to think about, even back when I was in the best shape ever.

I'd like to see proof of this before comments like this are posted. Is he THAT much faster than this approx 14 second inside the park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRaYNtbANA

My parents walked up hill both ways to school back in the day, but I'm not here to brag about that since I can't prove it. Prince has gained weight and he's not good at defense. That's doesn't mean he still can't hit or that people around here hate him because he's bigger. I just don't understand why there's the -- Prince can do this and that attitude about it. If there's video of Prince this year that shows his figure from '06/'07 similar to '08 AND running a 16 second inside the park home run I take it back.

Speaking of which...how many non-professional athletes here that are faster than Prince (I'm not doubting you are by the way) are 'listed' at 5'11" - 270 lbs?

Really it should not even matter if he if he can run faster than most people on this board. Most people are not given the opportunity to train and play 160+ games per year that he is given. If they did, I bet more people would be in better shape. We all realize Prince was born with a lot of natural talent that has got him where he is. My entire issue with Prince is he is not coming close to maximizing his talent as an all around baseball player....that is impossible to do when you are carrying around 60 pounds of extra fat. There is a reason his range and defensive ability is horrible. His value to this team could be so much more.

Archived