Brewer Fanatic

06/23/2006 Brewers (Bush) @ Royals (Keppel) 7:05pm CST

JoeH33

Milwaukee Brewers

Dave Bush - (4-6, 4.81)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/davebush.jpg

Bush's Splits vs. Kansas City

Bush has struggled mightily on the road this season, going 0-4 with a 7.14 ERA in seven starts. He has made three career starts against the Royals and is 1-0 in those games with a 5.74 ERA, getting the win in his only career start at Kauffman Stadium. Bush worked eight innings against the Indians in his most recent start and allowed just two runs on four hits, but was outdueled by Jake Westbrook. The Brewers rallied in the bottom of the ninth to get Bush off the hook for the loss. (MLB.com)

@

Kansas City Royals

Bobby Keppel - (0-3, 3.64)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/keppel.jpg

This is Keppel's First Start vs. Milwaukee

Keppel pitched a career-low three innings in his last outing of June 17 against the Astros even though he threw just 68 pitches. Thirty-eight of those were for strikes, but Keppel worked himself into jams in each of his three innings pitched. He managed his way out of a bases-loaded jam in the first against the Astros, but he still allowed three runs on five hits and a career-high four walks (MLB.com)

Starting Lineups

Milwaukee Kansas City --------- ----------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 7 22 .291 LF DeJesus, David 2 9 .257 3B Koskie, Corey 9 26 .268 2B Grudzielanek, Mark 3 20 .292 DH Lee, Carlos 23 59 .273 1B Mientkiewicz, Doug 2 25 .262 1B Fielder, Prince 14 40 .298 RF Sanders, Reggie 9 37 .255 SS Hall, Bill 15 36 .270 DH Stairs, Matt 6 26 .252 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 41 .261 3B Teahen, Mark 4 19 .252 C Miller, Damian 5 24 .257 SS Graffanino, Tony 3 20 .247 LF Gross, Gabe 6 16 .224 C Buck, John 5 21 .242 CF Clark, Brady 2 16 .281 CF Gathright, Joey 0 0 .208 P Bush, Dave (4-6, 4.81) P Keppel, Bobby (0-3, 3.64)

General Information

TV - FSN North

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

Game Information

Press Pass

MLB.com Preview

Royals Message Board

Royals Official Site

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, another dreaded .500 game. Although getting to .500 has been much easier this year, getting above and staying there still proves problematic. I would hope the bats can come back to life a little bit against the Royals.

"Well that game was a big bowl of crap." - Brian

I was just thinking about the good old days when a game between the Royals and the Brewers would have a totally different meaning. Remember the days when there was never any talk of "small markets" and baseball was just baseball. I really miss those times.

Things seemed so different back then.

http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/brew/yount/image/yount9.jpg

Really excited for the game tonight. I can't believe the Royals even have a message board? Anyway, hope to see some scattered Brewer fans at the game tonight, because there won't be many cheering for Kansas City..

I've got some buddies that made the roadie for the weekend series. Wish I was with them, eating good steak and barbecue and pounding beers, instead of sitting at the office.

This is a huge road trip, vis a vis determining the Brewers contender/pretender (and buyer/seller) status, and this series sets the tone. Anything less than two wins would be unacceptable, and though you cannot presume a sweep against anyone, even one loss would be tough to swallow. Scary to rely on Bush for a road win, but he has to at least battle and get to the pen in a position that gives the Crew a shot.

I don't know why, but I have been going crazy all day waiting for this game to start. I guess not having Brewers baseball for a few evenings has really made me impatient. I also am juiced about being back in the wild card race, and I also see this as a stretch where the Brewers can potentially make up some ground.

I really hope they don't blow this series. Time to step up and beat the teams you are supposed to beat.

Make a move boys !!

I think you will see a motivated Brew Crew tonight. I'm sure Ned reminded them of the Pittsburgh series.

I say tonight is one of those 10-5 games. Bush is shaky on the road and the Crew is due for a big offensive game.

7 O'Clock can't come too soon.

Stupid things to say to get them out of the way:

This series is the first step towards a wildcard!

I can't believe we're playing down to our competition.

If they can't beat the Royals in June how are they supposed to beat the [choose one (Reds, Astros, Dodgers, Phillies)] in Septmeber?

(DB going well) - Doug Melvin... nugget genius!

(DB tanking) - We need a trade to shore up the back end of the rotation.

Now that we're at .500 the worst is behind us.

or

@#%$! I'm going to the venting thread!

Right-handed pitcher tonight, i'd like to see this:

2B - Weeks

LF - Gross

DH - Lee

1B - Fielder

RF - Jenkins

3B - Koskie

SS - Hall

C - Miller

CF - Clark