Brewer Fanatic

Next year's full size SGA bobbles?

TURBO
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Guesses:

Braun game winning Homerun (him rounding the bases with arm in the air)

Hoffman

Gallardo

Kendall

Sausage

Really wish the 6th would be CC but my guesses would be: a Brave, Parra, Cameron

I've enjoyed all of the speculation about the 2009 bobbles that has been going on in this thread, so I thought that it would be fitting to make my own contribution. Below, I've listed a set of bobbles that I think we're likely to see this year and another set that I would personally like to see given away.

Likely To See

1. Yovani Gallardo ... the current player most likely to receive the honor
2. Ryan Braun ... the Brewers will capitalize on his popularity, possible "Silver Slugger" tribute ?
3. Brat / Italian Sausage ... keeping with traditon
4. 90s Brewers ... Cirillo, Burnitz, Vaugn ?
5. Braves' Great ... Aaron, Mathews, Spahn ? (perfect for July 26)

Wish List

1. Craig Counsell ... Milwaukee guy, 2x World Series champ
2. Dave Bush ... solid contributor for 3 years, playoff win, better years ahead ?
3. Dale Sveum ... got us to October, my favorite hitting coach
4. Bernie w/ WC Flag ... love the idea, Razzzor

On the Horizon: Parra, Villanueva, McClung, Gwynn

I don't really think the Brewers need any more help selling out Sunday games this season. I wouldn't be suprised at some bobbles that need to be done although they might not be the most popular. Hoffman- I think this one would be popular, Suppan- the highest priced free agent to date doesn't have one yet, Kendall- was a solid backstop last season, Cameron-leader of the team and last year in Brewers uniform.

I also like the idea of the Bernie Brewer waving a wild card flag and Cirillo as he is still a loved member of the Brewer community

Then in 2010 when ticket sales might be down a bit and sunday games are harder to fill you can go with Gallardo (he will hopefully have a full season under his belt by that time), Parra (again he will be a little more entrenched and beloved by Brewer fans), Bush (hopefully he has a huge season and his popularity is up), and a Villanueva ( I really don't know who else all the position players have already been done) with Rob Deer or Teddy Higuera as the throw back player.

Archived