Brewer Fanatic

Next year's full size SGA bobbles?

TURBO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly pitchers seem due, including Suppan (unfortunately) and maybe Bush. Gallardo and Parra definitely make sense, and I'll guess Italian to complete the 'ethnics'. A legends one of Rob Deer or Teddy Higuera would be incredible.

1) Sausage

2) Parra

3) Gallardo

4) Braun (they'll capitalize on his popularity like they did w/a 2nd Prince this year)

5) Bud Selig--y not?

6) Hank Aaron--he's due for another

or hopefully the NLCS & WS MVPS if they aren't on my list!

Actually, Bud Selig would be kinda cool....

Gallardo

Parra

Sabathia (A guy can dream he gets resigned)

Brat

Yost - I really don't like him, but I'm surprised he doesn't have one. Being the manager and an old player from 82, albeit a backup

Bernie Brewer

my dream: bernie brewer bobble with a limited release of bonnie. or how about some kind of bobblehead figure with a chalet and beer stein, that would be remarkably the coolest ever. i'm not going to hold my breath for: 3TO, rally rabbit, or diamond dancer. no way we will ever see jim powell, rock schroeder, brian anderson, doug melvin. i think a bobblehead dedicated to a "brewer fan" would be a nice touch. a racing sausage is due, likely the italian. save the brat for last. 2 bobbles for starting pitchers are a sure thing. esp considering that the 2 bullet aces will depart. i suppose a full-sized manager is a possibility but seems unlikely as yosts approval rating has never been a strength. my buddy finkelmeyer would lobby hard for an eddy sedar bobble fist pump. ryan "the ocho" braun gets a repeat if he wins a big reward (ws mvp, hr king) heres my guess:

1) yo gallardo

2) manny parra

3) craig counsell (hometown hero) (i imagine he gets cirillo'ed this offseason)

4) starting outfielder (maybe mike cameron) (limited release untucked shirt)

5) mascot racing sausage - italian

6) retro player: milwaukee braves great eddie mathews

Cirillo please.

Yes please. I would hope if they do a "classic" player for 2009 they do Cirillo or Rob Deer. As for current players Gallardo seems almost a lock as well as another Braun. Other then that I have no clue. Possibly Kendall, maybe if Torres is still the closer. And I also agree a Bud Selig or Jim Powell would be kind of cool.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Gallardo, Parra, Suppan, either Kendall or Cameron. If they make the playoffs or win a post season that could change.

A sausage and Bernie would also seem to make sense.

For the employees, my guess would be a Melvin/Yost combo (which would also be cool for general release at a game).

As for Old timers, how about something in 2010 for the 40th anniversary............

One night to celebrate the 70s and you get one of the following: Slaton, Caldwell, Boomer Scott or Money. For the 80s you get an Oglivie, Deer, Higuera or Plesac. For the 90s maybe Surhoff, Vaughn, Nillson 0r Vina. For the 00s possibly Sabathia, Burnitz, Cirillo or Cordero.

Just a thought that they could do something like they did with the 3 Younts on one night. It would drive me crazy, but I think it would be fun and a way to do some great names that have yet to have a bobblehead and probably don't deserve a bobblehead day all to themselves.

Just a thought!

When does the unsung hero of the Brewer game get his props, when do we get Food Service Beer Man bobble?

As for Players, would have to guess another Braun (HR champ? MVP?) , a Parra, and a Gallardo.

A Rob Deer Easter Sunday game bobble day would be great too,

As for a dream Bobble, would have to be a 3 piece Triumphant Trio Set - Yount, Molitor, Gantner, powder blue uniforms.

Some great ideas here fellas...

I like the Braun II, still think they blew it by not having a "rookie of the year" plaque on the last one...

Please, no more Yount, Gantner, Molitor though, there are too many others that would be a better add on to our collections...

Also like the Higuera, Selig, Melvin, Eddie Mathews, Ted Simmons, Powell, Attanasio, and Deer to name a few.

NO TO SUPPAN!

I'm luke-warm on a Yost as well... When he is gone, do I really want to look at his bobble every time I oogle over my collection? NO!

I have a good one...................................Juan Nieves, to comemorate the only No Hitter by a brewer in a brewer uniform!

and yet another....................Warren Spahn!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think Parra is a lock as well...

Locks:

1. Gallardo

2. Parra

3. Brat or Italian

4. Braun

After that, who knows.

Sign CC and you can bet your hinder he gets one too. At this point, I'm thinking we need to let Sheets walk and put all efforts into signing Sabathia. Darn Yankees are going to drive his price up though...

• 1 month later...

I know it may be a long shot, but I think even if CC is not back they should make a bobble of him. He was just such a big part of our first postseason in 26 years. If I remember last year brewers.com asked the fans to make suggestions, maybe if enough people do so for CC they will make one.

I am looking forward to a Yovani bobble as that seems the biggest lock of all.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I know it may be a long shot, but I think even if CC is not back they should make a bobble of him. He was just such a big part of our first postseason in 26 years. If I remember last year brewers.com asked the fans to make suggestions, maybe if enough people do so for CC they will make one.

I am looking forward to a Yovani bobble as that seems the biggest lock of all.

that would be great, however, I doubt that Mark A. wants to draw attention to the fact that they could not resign CC, commemorating that fact in a bobblehead...

Hopefully I'm wrong though, CC would make a great bobble in a brewers uniform, with or without him on next year's roster.

Whatever they decide to do, I hope they tone it down a notch. They just seem to be way, way too infatuated with bobbleheads. When I look around baseball, most teams do 2-3 bobbleheads a year max...we do at least 5-6, and are just 2 years removed from almost 20 in one year.

In my opinion, the more bobbleheads they give out, the more they lose their luster and appeal. They've also almost backed themselves into a corner by doing so many...just about every good player on the Brewers roster has already had a bobblehead or two (Prince -2, Braun, Hardy, Hart, Weeks, Hall, Capuano, Sheets-2) and they've used up most of their "legends" already too (Yount - 2, Cooper, Gantner, Thomas, Molitor, Aaron, Fingers, Uecker). It seems silly to just start repeating players.

I understand that a bobblehead day means an automatic sellout, but if they have success on the field next year, hopefully they won't need so many giveaways to attract fans. If they keep the core of this team together for a couple years, I really hope they tone down the bobbleheads. After they give away the few deserving players they have left, they're going to be in a really weird spot. They'll either be repeating bobbleheads again, or giving away very average players (see Jeffrey Hammonds). Of course, they could blow up the roster and have lots of new guys in place (Gamel, Salome, Escobar, etc), but these players will need at least 1 full year of being good to justify a bobblehead.

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I just want to see them give out a couple each year, they would be more special and important (IMO). Plus, I'm running out of room! That being said, here's my list of "deserving" bobbleheads I think they can still do. I would pick 2-3 from here and go:

Brat/Italian - They've started it, so they have no choice but to give out the remaining 2

Bernie Brewer - Surprised this hasn't happened yet (especially since Barrelman did), but this is a good one and saves a player until next year

CC Sabathia - If he actually comes back, I'd love a CC bobble either way but I'm not sure they'd promote the fact that he's not here

Yovani Gallardo - Stud, future ace, should be here awhile

Bush/Suppan - I don't really like the thought of either on my shelf, but they've been here awhile, probably will be here another 1-2 years and are at least recognizable players. I might be missing some obvious ones, but if I'm not, you can see they have a problem already....does anyone really want a Jeff Suppan bobblehead??

Archived