Brewer Fanatic

8/15/08 Brewers (Parra) at Dodgers (Billingsley): 9:40 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, that wasn't a very good throw by Rickie at all, but com'on Prince, that's an easy pick.

You gotta catch that ball.

Regardless of the bad scoop and Martin would have beat the throw anyways, double play balls involving Weeks have been a nightmare since the All-Star break. Fans shouldn't have to be terrified that their secondbaseman can blow any DP regardless if it's a tough play or easy one.

Yeah, even with a good throw, I don't think they get him. But that kind of makes it even worse.

Since the runner is already safe, 1B has to come off the bag to make sure that ball doesn't get by him and the runner doesn't end up at second.

They just got lucky the ball didn't go into the dugout.

I'll stop there.

What a terrible pitch call by Kendall on the 3-2 pitch to Blake. Parra is painting the outside corner with his 95 mph fastball all night and he calls for a split. With a lefty, and the pitcher following, he let the a good hitter beat Parra.

Manny Parra looks like a pitcher who needs to have his turn skipped so he can rest.

He had a rough start but remember he was coming off one of the best starts of his short career. Actually the past two games his walk numbers have been way down which I think is a sign he is growing as a pitcher

Walking Broxton is Villanueva's secret plan to make him tired for the 9th inning so we can tie the game off of him.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ugh...kind of a crappy game all around. Manny just couldn't locate anything, though, and it's hard to beat a team that's on fire (and has the best team ERA in the league) when your starting pitcher can't locate anything consistently. His 6 strikeouts were more a result of him being wild than him being effective, IMO.

It stinks seeing the Brewers come up empty a couple times when they had chances to tie the game, but Hart absolutely crushed that pitch to right center and I think it could've been off the wall at Miller Park. It doesn't help that Juan Pierre was sprinting out there to track it down. Things could've been a lot worse if the Dodgers didn't leave the bases loaded after Riske fell behind 2-0 when he came in, though. Broxton's just a beast, too...I'm not a huge fan of overvaluing closers, but he's a good one when he's on, and he can go multiple innings without breaking a sweat. He's the definition of a bullpen ace.

Hopefully the Brewers can get a better start tomorrow and they can cool off the Dodgers. With how well LA is playing, I'm starting to think I'd be happy with getting one win and never seeing this team again this year.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived