Brewer Fanatic

This forum seemed like a proper place for me to brag

Katuluu

Today I had the pleasure of meeting 7 time Academy Award nominee, and greatest cinematographer of all-time, Roger Deakins.He was nice enough to sign my copy of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Oh yeah, I got to hang out with Joel and Ethan Coen too.

My. Life. Rules.

They were all really friendly. They were in town scouting locations and shooting some test footage and they needed a theater to go over the footage to see if they had the proper film stock for their upcoming movie The Serious Man. So they came in early to the theater and we threaded up the footage and showed it for them. Afterwards they were nice enough to sign some things for us and we talked a little about our theater with them and Joel was busy trying to tell Deakins how much he liked Man on Wire.

Interesting side note Evidently Joel had not seen the Burn After Reading poster yet, and neither Ethan or Joel had ever seen the re-release poster for Blood Simple.

Principle photography for The Serious Man starts Sep 8th, and Burn After Reading opens in the Twin Cities on the 12th so their is a very good chance we will get to meet them again for that as well.

Kat, was this meeting due to your blog(ging)? Pretty damn cool; glad you enjoyed it!

I wish. It was due to some dumb luck, really. My theater hosted an event for Tippi Hedron earlier this week, and during that event our house manager met a woman who runs TV and Movie promos in Minnesota. The next day she was talking with the producer of The Serious Man, and she remembered our theater and gave them our number to call. I was the manager on duty that day, so I was the one who did what little legwork remained to setup a time for them to come in and view some test footage. I knew Deakins would probably be there, which is why I brought my DVD, but the Coens were a massive bonus.

But everything went really well, and they seemed quite happy that we only wanted autographs and not any money, so we think their is a good chance they might come by again once principal photography starts. I'm trying to convince our company to rent them a screen for dailies, but I doubt that will happen.

Kat, was this meeting due to your blog(ging)? Pretty damn cool; glad you enjoyed it!

I wish. It was due to some dumb luck, really. My theater hosted an event for Tippi Hedron earlier this week, and during that event our house manager met a woman who runs TV and Movie promos in Minnesota. The next day she was talking with the producer of The Serious Man, and she remembered our theater and gave them our number to call. I was the manager on duty that day, so I was the one who did what little legwork remained to setup a time for them to come in and view some test footage. I knew Deakins would probably be there, which is why I brought my DVD, but the Coens were a massive bonus.

But everything went really well, and they seemed quite happy that we only wanted autographs and not any money, so we think their is a good chance they might come by again once principal photography starts. I'm trying to convince our company to rent them a screen for dailies, but I doubt that will happen.

That would be so cool if they came by again. Please keep us updated!

Archived