Brewer Fanatic

Fall Team Updates; Schedule & Notes

lcbj68c

Hey Team,

I just got home from the manager's meeting tonight and everything was very professional as expected. The schedule has been posted on the team website and that can be accessed at the following: http://www.softballtracker.com/team/index.php?team=1940

The site is kind of bland so to speak, but provides a lot of the information needed such as schedules, rosters, standings, and stats.

I have player cards for all of you to fill out and would like to get 3 minutes with each player at Sunday's practice to get them completed. If you have your fees, that would be helpful to me as well. My deadline for turning in these fees and cards is August 28th. If you have a City of Greenfield address (work or home, try not to use Whitnall Middle School like a whole team did last year, if you lie, make it a relative's address or atleast believeable). Residents are $8 Non-Residents are $14. I still am on the hook for $180, but not a big deal at this point. If anybody wants to solicit an additional sponsor, I will add them to the jerseys and will additionally encourage the team to support them after a few games this season. The practice field rentals and other small odds and ends, I have taken care of.

We have 13 players rostered and I have additionally allowed Kevin to be on standby status for Tuesday nights. I have put this team together with the goal of having guys that were committed to playing ball. I know Josh Hayes plans to be out the first week and as discussed before, your family engagements do come first. With that in mind, I won't plan on having check-in threads during the season, as I anticipate atleast 10 a night. I'd rather you just call me or email me at your first inkling that you won't be attending. I can be reached at the following 4 numbers. I have two cells (262) 613-5177 and (941) 962-5659. I can also be reached at my offices at Miller Park at (414) 902-4457 and my wife's cell at (941) 526-6346. My personal email is lcbarritt@msn.com.

If you are getting nervous about the projected positions in the roster on the webpage, don't be. We have four scheduled practices to evaluate and work it out. I think we have a good talented roster and I will plan to bat all that attend. As for playing in the field, nobody will DH longer than half a game, unless by their own request for injury or illness.

I will be having new jerseys for the season. I'm working on something exciting, but either way, they will be new.

My offices got the MLB projected playoff schedule and the only conflict appears to be Thursday October 2nd. There are 2 AL and 1 NL games scheduled to be played that day. However, pending something dramatic, the Brewers will be the Wild Card and therefore on the road for that particular game. Any rainouts might drastically have some effect on things for the following week. Regardless if we are in the hunt for a softball championship, I won't begrudge anybody for missing any games that might conflict with a Brewers playoff game as me, myself and I won't be passing up something 26 years in the making for a 50-minute softball game.

I think just about everybody is in for Sunday, so see you then!

~~Luke

Archived