Brewer Fanatic

8/14/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Padres (Peavy): 2:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
At least peavey is out...but this is Sheets problem. When he needs a clean inning, he gives up three straight hits after allowing one the rest of the day

I wouldn't call this a "problem," in that giving up 3 runs in 7 innings is a nice day's work. It's just unfortunate timing.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every ball was hit hard off Sheets with the exception of the bloop in front of Nix.....Yost would have Shouse ready for the lefty but still leave in Sheets.......and now bring in Shouse for the righty. I still completely hate Yost's bullpen/pitching management.

Sometimes I just cannot believe that Ned Yost still has a job.

First I heard that Laynce Nix was hitting 3rd (it's beyond words for me, really - a lineup structured based on position), and now I witness Ben Sheets leaving every pitch up in the zone and Ned STILL does not pull him out when Gerut comes up.

At least peavey is out...but this is Sheets problem. When he needs a clean inning, he gives up three straight hits after allowing one the rest of the day

I wouldn't call this a "problem," in that giving up 3 runs in 7 innings is a nice day's work. It's just unfortunate timing.

3 runs in 6 2/3 is not a nice day's work for an ace. It translates to a 4.35 ERA. And he was lucky to get away without more damage as a recipient of some great D and luck at the end of that inning. Sheets has been our #2 starter since C.C. arrived and he's pitched like #2.

3 runs in 6 2/3 is not a nice day's work for an ace. It translates to a 4.35 ERA. Sheets has been our #2 starter since C.C. arrived and he's pitched like #2.

He just needs to be "tougher". In this type of game when it's 0-0 through 6, and your team scratches for one...you have to go out with better focus and not leave balls up

3 runs in 6 2/3 is not a nice day's work for an ace. It translates to a 4.35 ERA. And he was lucky to get away without more damage as a recipient of some great D and luck at the end of that inning. Sheets has been our #2 starter since C.C. arrived and he's pitched like #2.

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8778/chillpillce5.jpg

3 runs in 6 2/3 is not a nice day's work for an ace. It translates to a 4.35 ERA. Sheets has been our #2 starter since C.C. arrived and he's pitched like #2.

I tend to agree. It is far from a bad day's work, but the difference between Sheets and Sabathia could not be more pronounced. Sheets is obviously very good, and never asked for the comparison, but its pretty clear this year and over the course of their careers, Sabathia is an Ace's Ace, and Sheets is more or less just a number 1 starter. What I mean by that is that he is a legitimate Number 1, but doesn't belong in the conversation with guys like Sabathia, Santana, Zambrano, Webb.. (not that anyone said he does).

All pitchers lose it for no reason at times, that is baseball. I don't understand why so many posters on this forum seem to genuinely dislike Sheets to the point where they nitpick every run he gives up. There are very few pitchers in baseball that can have a legit ERA in the 3.00 range and Sheets is one of them, if that isn't an ace I don't know what is.

Saying he doesn't belong in the same list as Zambrano is comical btw, how did he make it in with all of those guys.

Archived