Brewer Fanatic

8/14/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Padres (Peavy): 2:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice.

I was hoping to see the whole game, but it's pretty nice to walk in on this in the 6th.

I was thinking about this exact scenario all day. Not to say I doubted the Brewer offense, but I liked the pitching matchup.

and just as I was about to type more about it... Billy Hall scores from second!

Nicer.

hopefully our bullpen has got it in them to close this out. I wonder if Yost bats for Sheets?

edit: come on Cam, not smart to run into outs when one of the best pitchers in the league is on the mound!

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

J hart - 9 pitches, just as requested.

nice call... how bout you now ask for a nice 5-run inning here?

I guess I'm going have to stop off and buy a couple lottery tickets on my way home tonight. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You know, I thought it but didn't post it. I just felt that Sheets would give it back this inning. Late in close games when the Crew stake him a go ahead run or two, he seems to give it back. I could be way off, but I have seen him do this more than a couple times over the years.

Hindsight, obviously (and I guess it wouldn't have mattered since Iguchi singled), but would walking Iguchi to load the bases have been a decent idea? I mean, with guys on 2nd and 3rd and no outs, you are basically asking Sheets to induce a popout or strike the guy out.

Archived