Brewer Fanatic

8/14/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Padres (Peavy): 2:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow... Sheets is bringing the heat in the 1st inning. Reminds me of his 2nd game of the year when he got his first CG shutout of the year against the Giants, when he was 94-95 mph in the 1st and stayed sharp the whole game (instead of taking a few innings to warm up).

I think the gun at Petco may be cranked up a bit. Last night it had one of Riske's pitches at 94 and one of Mota's at 99

Tracking on ESPN Gamecast, it appears that this strike zone is really inconsistent. How does it look on TV?

The second strike to Durham in his first at bat was clearly ball four. The last two pitches Sheets threw to Peavy were clearly strikes. Peavy has also been squeezed on a few.

Wow, now he's giving the outside and low end of the strike zone to Peavy. I am so sick of these umps changing the strike zone as the game goes on. They obviously want to loose their jobs to that automated system that's in the works.

Archived