Brewer Fanatic

8/14/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Padres (Peavy): 2:35 PM CDT

wibadgers23
Holy crap Nix batting 3rd? Wow are we going to need Ben to pitch a good game today.

Kinda had a feeling that was coming. But with Hall in over Counsell, Yost figured he had to give the Brewerfan.net nation something to complain about.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figures Yost actually gives Hall a start against a righty and it is Peavy. Yost is basically setting him up to fail and provide an excuse for never playing against righties ever again.

I still think we can win this game, but I don't think Ben can give up more than 2-3 runs. Hopefully we can get Peavy's pitch count up

wow. what sense does it make to bat all of your lefties and righties right in a row like that? Ben better be on his game today!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Figures Yost actually gives Hall a start against a righty and it is Peavy. Yost is basically setting him up to fail and provide an excuse for never playing against righties ever again.

I still think we can win this game, but I don't think Ben can give up more than 2-3 runs. Hopefully we can get Peavy's pitch count up

Nothing Ned does makes sense to me anymore

Considering the other options, I don't have much problem with Nix hitting third. Hardy needed a day off, Cameron hits better in the bottom half of the order, and it definitely beats Bill Hall hitting third. I guess you could make an argument for moving Fielder and Hart up one spot each and hitting Nix 6th or something, but I don't think it would have much effect...Peavy's likely to pitch well regardless of what lineup he faces.

Edit: Original post made no sense.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Wow... Sheets is bringing the heat in the 1st inning. Reminds me of his 2nd game of the year when he got his first CG shutout of the year against the Giants, when he was 94-95 mph in the 1st and stayed sharp the whole game (instead of taking a few innings to warm up).

Archived