Brewer Fanatic

Playoff ticket deposit?

panthernick
Wow, I was amazed by the amount of cash. One question, if I buy all these what are the chances of getting face back for them if I try to sell a game or two? I would not look to make any money, just face and was wondering what you guys thought the demand would be like. I am in for the tickets but I don't want every game (more than likely).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would be able to get at least face value for them.

I hope to get the full playoff ticket package, even thou I can only afford one game per series.

The rest I will sell to family first, then friends, then here at BF.net.

I really don't think I or anyone will have a problem finding BREWER fans who will take them.

I don't think I can afford WS tickets. It makes me kind of angry, I've suffered through years of bad brewers baseball, and economic situation is going to prevent me from potentially seeing the most important baseball in the last decade.

my problem is that we will likely buy the entire ticket strip. Okay, that's not a problem, but my in-laws will take any playoff games that they can go to but those they don't I'll have to offer here or on stubhub or something. With me being in AZ, I'll have to overnight any tickets, likely, and that will make me take a "hit" on the ticket price, if I'm being honest about it.

Maybe, somebody will be willing to take on the shipping price, but it will possibly make potential suitors "uneasy" about buying from me because they "might" not get the tickets on time if UPS has a snafu, even on an overnight delivery.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I am flabbergasted at the World Series ticket prices, crazy.

I'm not sure how the market in Milwaukee will differ than in Denver, but last year I paid $475 for a $150 Upper Grandstand seat to watch the Red Sox sweep the World Series.

If this thread is still up here come the end of September, please PM me if you have some tickets available.

Count me in on the list of people interested in buying tickets from someone if you decide you want to sell any of your tickets. I would also like to know if ticket prices increased from last year (I'm sure they did if regular season game prices went up).

Could the people who have there 2008 Postseason Packet please tell the rest of us what the prices are? Thank You.

Don't know about individual prices since I haven't gotten my packet, but on my account online it shows $755 total for the first 2 rounds + parking for my 2 playoff Terrace seats (row 20 - ouch!). Was expecting better location with my Club-level 20 pack, but I'll probably sell these and pay for better seats if it starts to look more like we'll actually be playing.

Here's the game prices for the Club Level:

One-Game Tiebreaker: $26 per ticket

Division: $60 per ticket

NLCS: $90 per ticket

World Series: $230 per ticket

That includes (per the invoice) a $360 total series savings off gate price for my four season tickets, but no indication is given how much off what games.

Don't know about individual prices since I haven't gotten my packet, but on my account online it shows $755 total for the first 2 rounds + parking for my 2 playoff Terrace seats (row 20 - ouch!). Was expecting better location with my Club-level 20 pack, but I'll probably sell these and pay for better seats if it starts to look more like we'll actually be playing.

You got moved from Club to Terrace row 20? I'd heard that a lot of club people got moved, but that seems like a significant downgrade. I have a 20 pack in the bleachers, next to the visitor's bullpen (row 6) and got moved to the RF loge bleachers, row 4, which I think are comparable, if not better.

I still haven't received mine yet. Anyone else??

I have a 20-game Saturday pack.

EDIT: However they are showing up online.

Looks like I'm getting: Sec 202, Row 8.

I'm pretty happy with that. I've got Sec 103, Row 8 for my 20-game pack.

I will assume that, heaven's to Betsy, the "unused" tickets in any series will be credited to our 2009 account. It was hard paying all that money last September, but nice as heck paying only $40 to renew for 2008 when the bill came in December.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I still haven't received mine yet. Anyone else??

I have a 20-game Saturday pack.

EDIT: However they are showing up online.

Looks like I'm getting: Sec 202, Row 8.

I'm pretty happy with that. I've got Sec 103, Row 8 for my 20-game pack.

Jhart05--I haven't received mine in the mail yet either. How were you able to seat your seat locations online? In the email that I got today, it said I would need my number and password from my postseason invoice which I don't have. Did you just set up an account through the postseason link on brewers.com? thanks
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

How were you able to seat your seat locations online? In the email that I got today, it said I would need my number and password from my postseason invoice which I don't have. Did you just set up an account through the postseason link on brewers.com? thanks
It didn't even occur to me to look online. I just fished out our 2008 season ticket renewal invoice and used the account number and password from it. Bingo.

And...I'm not sure how to interpret the results. Two different locations are listed - TB 421 and section 213, each with options for the division series and league championship series. This would make me think we have the opportunity to buy two strips for the first two rounds. Ooh ooh ooh.

However, I see no option for the World Series, which is slightly worrisome, but I am optimistically guessing that nothing appears for the WS because the credit card wouldn't be charged for it until October 1. (There is also no tiebreaker on the online invoice, although it mentions the possibility of a tiebreaker being played.)

The total cost (not broken down) is $1690, which I assume is for the loge strips for the first two rounds, the terrace strips for the first two rounds, and parking (and I can't tell if that's two sets of parking or one). This is probably not way off the general rate of last year's postseason tickets, considering that the $1690 appears to cover two strips.

The locations don't seem like a ripoff to me. Our usual loge section is 217 and our usual terrace is TB 417. I wonder if there will be "family sections" in a postseason.

Now I'm extra eager to see the mail.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Jhart05--I haven't received mine in the mail yet either. How were you able to seat your seat locations online? In the email that I got today, it said I would need my number and password from my postseason invoice which I don't have. Did you just set up an account through the postseason link on brewers.com? thanks

Your account number is the same all of the time, so if you have your account number, just go to page from the email and have it reset your password for you and punch it into that page. I logged into that ticket panel earlier in the year, and the same info worked for me now to see my tickets.

Hawing, mine doesn't show the WS online either.

My seats are in 211 for the playoffs. My 20 pack is in 126. Last year I was still on the first level, but just barely. These are probably better seats than last year, considering location I suppose. I think I got put into 107 last year, which is a brutal angle.

I just got an email about my 20 pack which is in the club. They have my seat location listed as 419 row 20 for the first 2 series. I know they didn't guarantee location but that seems a little drastic to me. Anyone else get bumped this bad?

For people looking for their WS tickets, this is from the FAQ:

WHY AM I ONLY REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS OF POSTSEASON?

As a benefit to our Season Seat Holders, we are only requiring payments for the first two rounds of Postseason play on or before September 5, 2008. If the Brewers are fortunate enough to clinch a Postseason berth, the credit card submitted on your Postseason invoice will automatically be charged for your World Series tickets by October 1, 2008. If you wish to pay for your entire Postseason strip in full by the September 5th deadline, you may do so. PLEASE NOTE: If we have not received your invoice payment and credit card for the World Series by the deadline, your Postseason seat location will be reassigned to meet consumer demand

Your account number is the same all of the time, so if you have your account number, just go to page from the email and have it reset your password for you and punch it into that page. I logged into that ticket panel earlier in the year, and the same info worked for me now to see my tickets.

Yep.

You can even have it send you your account number if you don't have that anymore.

Archived