Brewer Fanatic

Playoff ticket deposit?

panthernick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year, the letter sent to season seat holders (describing the options) was dated August 16, 2007. I think the deadline to reply was in early September. I doubt the timetable would be very much different for this year.

(For the record, and to ease my superstitious mind, I checked our 2007 records after a workday when no fewer than three people asked me about postseason tickets.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have 2 20 gm packages. ( One in 200 level, one in 300 level). My guess is that they will only offer me one set of playoff tickets. I should have put the second package (new this year) in a different name. Anyone have any experience with this situation?

I have 2 20 gm packages. ( One in 200 level, one in 300 level). My guess is that they will only offer me one set of playoff tickets. I should have put the second package (new this year) in a different name. Anyone have any experience with this situation?

Not yet. I'll find out around the time you do.

Edit: I had the bright idea to check the season seat holder handbook. Here is what it says:

Partial plan holders (40 and 20 game plans) "will have the option to purchase full strips to all Brewers post season games played at Miller Park. You will have the option to purchase the same number of seats as you hold in the regular season, maximum of 4 seats. You will not have the option to purchase your same seat locations. Specific seating is not guaranteed."

This would make me think that with our two, two-seat 20-game packs, we could buy four seats in the postseason, if we so desired.

That seems odd....Because as a full season ticket holder I'll only be given the option to purchase as many seats as I own...so, wouldn't someone with two 20 packs be getting twice as many tickets as a full season ticket holder? That doesn't seem fair.

I don't get that at all Hawing. I see that as... you have rights to as many seats as you have, max of 4 seats. So if you have 2 seats, you can get 2 seats. 4 seats.. 4 seats. 8 seats... 4 seats.

I guess I won't be trying to get all my friends and I to sit together next year, we were going to combine all our partial season packs into one purchase, about 10 of us. That's out the window.

It might be that we can purchase "only" two seats. My ability to interpret a paragraph is probably diminished late at night.

Some of our season ticket holder perks were doubled once we had the two packages, which is what made me think four tickets were possible for us. But postseason tickets would clearly be a much more valuable perk than (for example) getting two media guide vouchers.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

See additional playoff ticket information here.

I purchased a 9 pack and seem to recall that 9 pack holders got the opportunity to purchase one game per post-season series. The article linked above, however, states that 9 pack holders don't get the opportunity to purchase World Series tickets. Although I know it would be a great problem to have, I would be disappointed if I didn't get the chance to purchase one World Series game. Does anyone remember how the 9 packs were marketed - was this disclosed ahead of time, or was it because of overwhelming demand for 9 packs?

I would think it would be pretty easy to back door your way into 4 playof seats by purchasing two different 20 packs. I know someone who attempted that this year, and it was for the sole intention of being able to get 4 playoff seats. The way the language is now, I would think it works that way. I suppose it depends on if the Brewers write down as 2 20 packs or 1 40 pack.

I suppose the question there would be for someone like hawing, of your 40 games, do you pick 2 seats for this game, 2 seats for another, and sometimes 4 for the same game? If they let you split them up like that, I would have to think it is being treated as 4 separate seats.

I purchased a 9 pack and seem to recall that 9 pack holders got the opportunity to purchase one game per post-season series. The article linked above, however, states that 9 pack holders don't get the opportunity to purchase World Series tickets. Although I know it would be a great problem to have, I would be disappointed if I didn't get the chance to purchase one World Series game. Does anyone remember how the 9 packs were marketed - was this disclosed ahead of time, or was it because of overwhelming demand for 9 packs?

I started with a 9 pack 4 years ago, and even back then you weren't offered a WS ticket. I know last year they gave 9 pack holders a chance to upgrade to 20 packs for that very reason. But I think they did that before the All-Star break and it seems obvious they didn't do that this year, no doubt due to the surge in 20 packs in the off season.

The news ticker thing on JSOnline.com just put a tidbit up saying that the info was released today and the magic number is September 5th.

THURSDAY, Aug. 14, 2008, 11:04 a.m.

By Don Walker

Brewers release playoff ticket details

The Milwaukee Brewers have high hopes for making the playoffs this season, and fans who hold season-ticket packages will be getting more information in the mail in the days ahead.

The key date for season-ticket holders is Sept. 5. That will be the date you have to commit to buying any kind of playoff ticket package.

Fans who have a 20-game ticket package will have the option of purchasing a full strip of tickets that gives them a ticket to every home game for the divisional series, the League Championship and, perhaps, the World Series. Or they can choose to purchase one game for each round of the playoffs.

Rick Schlesinger, the team's executive vice president for business operations, said he expected most 20-game holders would opt for the full slate of games.

Fans with 9-game ticket packages will receive a mailing at a later date. For those fans, they will be allowed to purchase one ticket for each of the first two rounds of the playoffs, but not for the World Series.

As the team did last year, a lottery will be held in which fans who do not have a season-ticket package can try to win the right to buy a ticket for a postseason game.

Last year, more than 100,000 people entered the lottery, and Schlesinger said he anticipated more people would enter this season.

The Brewers, meanwhile, have six more home games this month, and all signs point to more sellouts. Tickets are available for the games, which will be Aug. 18-20 against the Houston Astros and Aug. 22-24 against the Pittsburgh Pirates

I suppose the question there would be for someone like hawing, of your 40 games, do you pick 2 seats for this game, 2 seats for another, and sometimes 4 for the same game?

We have a fan's choice package in the terrace and a Sunday Plus package in the loge. There is one game to which we have four seats (i.e. the two packages overlap) but otherwise we have two seats per game this year.

We're a two-person household, so two postseason ticket strips would fill our needs. Should we get the opportunity to buy more, I'd consider doing it and selling them to people I trust.

Either way, I'll be interested to see whether the offered seats are closer to our terrace location or our loge location. We've had the terrace package longer, but the pre-set 20-game plans seem to carry more clout with the Brewers than the fan's choice plan.

This reminds me of a conversation the S.O.'s sister-in-law had with me last summer, probably about this time. She asked if we were getting postseason tickets and added something like, "I'm sure you'll be looking to share those with someone."

I was thinking to myself, hmm, kin or no kin, after 25 years, not bloody likely.

I dug up an old thread from last year to give you guys an idea of price. http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?t=7314/t/Will-be-receiving-playoff-ticket-invoices-soon.html?page=3

Maybe prices aren't as bad as I remember. I believe they are total costs for two strips of tix. I haven't verified this against my invoice from last year as I don't have it in front of me.

Terrace Box:

$138 for NLDS

$400 for NLCS

$28 for the tiebreaker

$1080 for the Series

$158 for parking ($8.00 general for the tiebreaker, $15 for the other games)

$25 shipping/delivery

$1829.00

Loge Diamond Box:

NLDS 270

NLCS 790

WS 1360

Total: 2420 (didn't list the additional tiebreaker games or parking or shipping)

Did I read this correctly in the press release, that you can buy the full playoff strip OR one game per series?

I wonder if you could mix and match. "Yes, ticket dude, I'll take 1 LDS, 1 LCS, and 3 WS tickets please."

I doubt it.

One game per series would be great for those 20-pack fans that are just happy to see one game from each series. Probably a LOT easier on the pocketbook, too.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I doubt you can mix and match, but in re-reading the JS excerpt above, it does appear that there's an alternative besides 'all' or 'nothing' (the alternative being a three game package).

And decktard, I think you quoted my 2007 ticket prices in your post above. At least, that looks extremely familiar.

Of course, now I'll be eagerly watching the mail at home.

Stupid Brewers, giving me hope again and putting me right back on the emotional roller coaster of 2007.

That seems odd....Because as a full season ticket holder I'll only be given the option to purchase as many seats as I own...so, wouldn't someone with two 20 packs be getting twice as many tickets as a full season ticket holder? That doesn't seem fair.

As a full season ticket holder, I was given the option of purchasing my seat plus an extra seat in the Terrace Reserved section. I only own one seat, but my mom owns the seat next to mine. We were able to get our "extra" TR seats next to each other. I have the tickets at home (I opted to have them mailed back to me after the mix up last year), so I don't remember the details but do know we had an extra pair to "give to friends".

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Found out that season ticket holders will be receiving invoices for playoff tickets any day now. As a long time season ticket holder, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am not planning on sending a check in for playoff tickets. I don't see the playoffs for this team, and I don't want the Brewers to sit on my dollars (I'm assuming the price per seat will be more than regular season). I'm not sure this is my wisest decision, but it's how I feel.

How about other season tickets holders here; what are you going to do? ~~~Pedro in 2007

Any what are your plans this year Pedro? And everybody else

I'm in a much better place this year mentally than I was last August concerning the Brewers. Now, as I stated in My Brewers Confessional thread from early July, I still have a hard time picturing the Brewers in the playoffs (probably due to years of conditioning). However, I'm definitely getting the playoff tickets. What's another $5,300; I'd probably just spend it on mortgage payments and food for the kids anyhow.

Archived