Brewer Fanatic

Branyan to DL/Laynce Nix called up

cooprules

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I don't get the Nix call up. To be honest, I'd forgotten the Brewers still had him in their system anymore.

Now will anyone take back their calls of Yost being a total idiot for playing Counsell over Branyan the last few days?

I get what you're saying, but if the team wasn't forthcoming with injury info, how were fans supposed to know why Counsell was playing?

I get what you're saying, but if the team wasn't forthcoming with injury info, how were fans supposed to know why Counsell was playing?

I also get what you are saying, but sometimes not jumping to conclusions is a good start. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Fatter than Joey wrote:

1.) Counsell is still batting 6th.

2.) Dillon should have been brought up sooner, which of course is on DM.

I agree on the Counsell batting 6th. And Tate, I love you more than most, but you are jumping to conclusions on the injury also. I put that on the doctor's and trainers, and even then with a grain of salt. If they keep saying day to day, day to day, day to day, what else is DM supposed to do? Risk losing Branyan for 15 days, when he could be good to go in 3? It's a tough position to be in.

Counsell has been starting (more than he should) since Jul. 31st --

Branyan has:

6 starts in May (since the 25th)

20 starts in June

8 starts in July

2 starts in August.

Branyan's PT really started tapering off at July 20th -- has he been hurt since then? when did Branyan get hurt? -- maybe it happened last night.

So this "injury" does not explain why Counsell is starting. The whole situation is just getting odd, IMO. I'm surprised that TGJ wasn't called up to start in CF?
Would that mean Cameron to LF then during Braun's absences? As far as I know TGJ doesn't play a corner OF spot, whereas Nix does.

So this "injury" does not explain why Counsell is starting.

Exactly.

The whole situation is just getting odd, IMO. I'm surprised that TGJ wasn't called up to start in CF.

My guess is that:

1.) They wanted to see what Nix could do.

2.) TGJ has a .650 OPS in Nash. Blech.

3.) Nix will replace what Branyan has become, a LH PHer with some pop off of the bench.

TGJ may not get on base too often, nor hit for any power, but he does all the other, SUPER important things on offense, really well. Start him over KKameron in CF, have him and Counsell bat 1 and 2 and I think the offense would be fixed.

All these HRs need to stop. Get back tobasics, with some hit and runs and productive outs.

Rivera has played 1B this year. I'm fine with him over there in a pinch.

If things would get really desperate, I suppose you could throw Hart over there to finish a game, then bring someone up for the next game.

Archived